Sign in to follow this  

Snow - should I or shouldn't I?

Well boys, we have a nice snow storm going on here in NJ and my son will be getting his four wheeler out. I'm tempted to take out the "L", but I honestly don't feel like breaking any bones today. I have the stock tire on front and a D606 on the rear. It will be snow covered grass. Yea or nay???

Stock tire on front?? The deathwing??

NO WAY!!! Crazy if you do.

go ballz deep i'm in iowa. we just got a storm last week. take it easy. no sharp turns.

Get some 1/4inch sheet metal screws. Put one in each knob and enjoy!

Go light on the throttle as it does not take much to tear the screws out with wheel spin.

Don't Doooooooooooooo eeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!! :smirk::cheers::smirk:

You're not 19 anymore! Us old farts don't heal as fast as we used to!! :moon:

I say skip it. Ice is slick enough, but on grass? With a stock front tire? Nuh uh.

Then again...

XR600_snow2.jpg

No side stand necessary.

^^^^You should talk^^^^:cheers:

I opted for something safer. The boys and I put on our swim trunks and had a competition to see who could stay out longer. 9 degrees with windchill and a driving snow. I ended the competition early for the safety of the others:busted::moon: I think that was the most bunched up my ninnys ever got:lol:

I did something safe today as well. Just kinda hanging out waiting for the snow to start.

I call him HOLLOW MAN

I soaked the clothes in a bucket of water then posed it while it froze. I'm still adding a bit of water tonight and will probably put it out by the road when it's good and solid.

20091219-015.gif

20091219-016.gif

20091219-017.gif

^^^^You should talk^^^^:cheers:

It actually wasn't that much fun. The snow was starting to melt and I couldn't go much over 15mph....in 2nd and 3rd gear. I just did it for the lulz. :moon: It was more fun bombing through the deep stuff in the Landcruiser. :smirk:

Snow can be damned fun but this is one time the heavy ass L would be left in the garage for a good 250-500 two stroke. I wouldn't want to try to pick up the L from the inevitable fall without an assistant. I'll do it on the dirt but in snow I'd have to be persuaded. Maybe my XR350???

Aw man, that is the funniest thing I've seen all day!!!!!!

Don't do it. I went out the other day and ate it. Brand new Dunlop 606 on the front, and it just washed out and I went down. Bent the shifter and scraped the tank a bit on god knows what. The 606 on the rear with half tread was just rooster tailing all over the place. I was pretty much out of control a lot of the time. Picking the beast up was fun, too. In hindsight, it was stupid. If you do it, don't even bother putting your feet on the pegs and pray your knees are tough when you jam your leg into the ground to steady yourself as the bike is trying to do something totally wild. I feel like a young 40, but I'm definitely not a teenager anymore. I used to take my old 2 strokes out in it way back in the early 80's. My how times have changed...

Been out this morning in England in the ice and light sprinkling of snow with my XR650R in SM setup. One rear wheel slide, lots of concentration on the throttle, gentle back brake, no front brake, frozen fingers, but great fun.

Edited by BillyWhizz

I did something safe today as well. Just kinda hanging out waiting for the snow to start.

I call him HOLLOW MAN

I soaked the clothes in a bucket of water then posed it while it froze. I'm still adding a bit of water tonight and will probably put it out by the road when it's good and solid.

20091219-015.gif

20091219-016.gif

20091219-017.gif

:moon:🤣:cheers:🤣

I call him HOLLOW MAN

20091219-015.gif

20091219-016.gif

20091219-017.gif

:moon:🤣:cheers:🤣

I'm also burried in the white stuff in NJ.

I would use on something alot smaller than a pig.

The XR80 was fun.... you can do Scott Parker imitations all day.

The KX85 was a little.... louder. without traction, it just made me more nervous than the XR.

The XT350 was a handful when I was 23. NOw that I'm 41 with a plated 650R, it's staying dry until all this junk melts.

Neighbors have quads.... snow is the only time I wish I also had one.