Sign in to follow this  

Jett J1 Boots?

Just read a DirtRider issue and saw this on page 6 and 7. They look really nice, weighing 3 pounds less than most boots. Not made by leather or plastic. Ad says no need to break-in, with good ankle support. All for $399.99.

Now, I've been looking for some boots for when I start riding again(Feb-March-ish) and I'm going to wait for some feedback on boots in the magazines, but It's in between these and the Tech 7s.

Has anyone seen anything about these? Because I'm quite interested.

why not get some Garne Sg10's off ebay for around $320 ? They are light years better than the tech 7s and the jett boots are an unrpoven quantity. I saw atleast 8-10 pairs BRAND new at that $320 price.

I'm not much of a fan of the Gaerne. Sorry.

But if the Jetts are of of question its between Tech 3 or 7.

Tech 3s or 7s are not as good of a quality as the Gaernes and the Gaernes are more comfortable also. Whats not to like about them?

Tech 3s or 7s are not as good of a quality as the Gaernes and the Gaernes are more comfortable also. Whats not to like about them?

Everyone have their own personal opinions. When I was at Cyclegear a while back, tried on Tech 7s, against SG10 and Fox F3. And loved the feel of the 7s. But at the time could not afford.

I have tried my dad's Tech 3s, we wear the same size, (Don't worry, washed them inside and out) and the way his feet broke them in it felt weird. But new ones at the store felt good.

Jett's are made in Italy and have been (are) being tested by some riders. The company has been very open to riders comments and have made changes already. Too bad they don't have a youth boot yet or we'd have some, my son's buddy like's his.

$400 seems like a lot of money to spend on a boot still going through trile and error.

Everyone have their own personal opinions. When I was at Cyclegear a while back, tried on Tech 7s, against SG10 and Fox F3. And loved the feel of the 7s. But at the time could not afford.

I have tried my dad's Tech 3s, we wear the same size, (Don't worry, washed them inside and out) and the way his feet broke them in it felt weird. But new ones at the store felt good.

so let me get this straight you want to try a boot you have never worn that is a more expensive copy of a boot you don't like ???????? Get your tech 7s and move on.

• Like 1

so let me get this straight you want to try a boot you have never worn that is a more expensive copy of a boot you don't like ???????? Get your tech 7s and move on.

Good point, but still interested in the J1s/

I've had some of all of those but the Fox3. I've always had problems with the uper part of the boot fitting my uper caves that are 19". I bought a pair of fox3 for $149 (on sale) and they fit better than any Gaerne or tech 7 or 8...

You can't really go wrong buying any of the major brand boots out there. I have SG-10'S and love them. AlpineStars are excellent boots and anybody would be happy with them, but I will never go back to a non-hinged boot. The problem with no hinge is when you bend your ankle the leather has to fold in outwards, and over time your boots will loose the snug fit in your ankle. A hinged boot will keep its snug support a lot longer, and There isn't really a break in period. As soon as WPS gets the Jetts I will be getting a set...already pre booked them. The idea of lightweight boots with a super slim toebox sold me! They should be really easy to ride in!:banghead:

The new Jett boots have been getting some great reviews and I love lite boots. They are definately high on my list. I've been riding for 20+ years and so far the best boots I've owned are the 661 boots with hinges. Quick break in, very comfortable, fairly lite weight.