Sign in to follow this  

New exhaust

Finally ditched the crappy homemade cherry bomb setup I had on my truck and replaced it with a flowmaster and duals. Everything is welded and painted with 1000 degree paint :moon:

1218091527.jpg1218091527a.jpg1218091528-1.jpg1218091529.jpg

I still have a "crappy homemade cherry bomb setup" on my Dodge...... :cheers:

Looks great! :moon:

I still have a "crappy homemade cherry bomb setup" on my Dodge...... :cheers:

Looks great! :moon:

I was all for the "disturbing the peace" slogan but the cherry bomb was only slightly louder than stock and it was more of a whooossshhh sound not a good rumble. The flowmaster chops up the waves a good bit and gives it a nice note. I will try to get a video of the sound, but its sorta quiet since that generation f-150 has 2 converters

I was all for the "disturbing the peace" slogan but the cherry bomb was only slightly louder than stock and it was more of a whooossshhh sound not a good rumble. The flowmaster chops up the waves a good bit and gives it a nice note. I will try to get a video of the sound, but its sorta quiet since that generation f-150 has 2 converters

I have a single glasspack onmy 318. I gotta say.... I LOVE it... my 5.4 Ford has 2 super 40s' but I still dig the glass pack on my dodge... those converters kinda choke things up!

I still love your install though! SWEET! :moon:

I have a single glasspack onmy 318. I gotta say.... I LOVE it... my 5.4 Ford has 2 super 40s' but I still dig the glass pack on my dodge... those converters kinda choke things up!

I still love your install though! SWEET! :cheers:

Hey thanks man I really am please with it too. Very professional place and it ran me just below $500. Had it done in 3 hours :moon:

thats not goona stay shiney long. trust me on this one

Yup, between the heat and the cancer causing chemicals your rear tire will throw up from the roadway, the chrome won't last long.

Best way to protect them during the winter is several coats of good hard auto wax, or a coat of grease to prevent them from rotting, but IDK if the exhaust tips will get hot enough to burn that off?

Yup, between the heat and the cancer causing chemicals your rear tire will throw up from the roadway, the chrome won't last long.

Best way to protect them during the winter is several coats of good hard auto wax, or a coat of grease to prevent them from rotting, but IDK if the exhaust tips will get hot enough to burn that off?

Stainless tips :moon: Still need maintenance, but beats the hell out of chrome

Stainless tips :moon: Still need maintenance, but beats the hell out of chrome

Good choice-I did the same thing when I did mine. A bit more $$, but all I have to do is wash and wipe clean, and they shine like the day they were new, and they're 4 years old.:cheers:

do you really need a padlock on that tire ? I am just curious is all.

nice exhaust !

And being in salt-cancer-land, you could have fun trying to get that padlock off after a few months.....

But, he isn't too far from the DC area, and we all know how that place is!

And being in salt-cancer-land, you could have fun trying to get that padlock off after a few months.....

But, he isn't too far from the DC area, and we all know how that place is!

my thoughts exactly. it probably doesn't matter anyway, the little tire winches are usually so seized up anyway you generally can't drop the tire :moon:

i still remember yanking a spare tire off a f-150 with my 40 because the winch had seized up to lower it . not judging ford here , when i bought my toyota p/u i had a hell of a time freeing that winch up .

i would be more concerned about the tailgate being stolen then the spare tire , its worth a lot more .

do you really need a padlock on that tire ? I am just curious is all.

nice exhaust !

CH is right. I have had a bucket of old, and clearly used oil stolen. Hell they steal the tires off the peterbilt at the Case equip. place monthly :moon: And every so often I unlock and WD40 the lock. Most people I know lock stuff like that if they work close to DC and I have jobs down there every so often.

CH is right. I have had a bucket of old, and clearly used oil stolen. Hell they steal the tires off the peterbilt at the Case equip. place monthly :moon: And every so often I unlock and WD40 the lock. Most people I know lock stuff like that if they work close to DC and I have jobs down there every so often.

Either way, I'd keep a cheap bolt cutters stashed behind the seat just in case.

looks good , what is in that a inline 6 right?

302 v8

Either way, I'd keep a cheap bolt cutters stashed behind the seat just in case.

You got me all paranoid, so I went out to take it off and now the key is no where to be found, so I had my neighbor cut it off :moon: