Sign in to follow this  

FMF Q4 - how to remove spark arrestor...obvious answer?

Bought a new FMF Q4 from TT. Using strictly for MX so was going to remove spark arrestor. Removed the allen bolt from the end, but the arrestor doesn't seem to really want to come out with gently force. So....am I doing it incorrectly or do I need to be a little more firm? It is kinda tough to get a grip on the darn thing as nothing to grab hold of.

Edited by dgiles

I believe that the baffles and chambers of a Q4 are not removable and the spark arrestor

is an integral part of that can.........I might be wrong...but I think I'm right.

Derik

Got it out. Needed to start it, get the pipe warm to heat up whatever sealant they had holding it in so it would slowly pull out. Good to go!

Got it out. Needed to start it, get the pipe warm to heat up whatever sealant they had holding it in so it would slowly pull out. Good to go!

I realize this thread is over 5 years old, but I'm currently having the same issue. I removed the allen bolt but cannot remove the spark arrestor, I also cannot start the bike at this time (waiting on a new water pump), but once I can start the bike & heat it up, I still do not see where to grab onto it to remove it, what do you use/do to remove it?

THX!

I realize this thread is over 5 years old, but I'm currently having the same issue. I removed the allen bolt but cannot remove the spark arrestor, I also cannot start the bike at this time (waiting on a new water pump), but once I can start the bike & heat it up, I still do not see where to grab onto it to remove it, what do you use/do to remove it?

THX!

Maybe you can heat it in an oven, or with a torch?