Sign in to follow this  

Uncorked TTR125LE. Wow!

Man, can't believe I waited as long as I did. Just followed Ovrrdrive's jetting and airbox mod pdf. All I can say is Wow!! Choke was all gummed up to so it was good to get in there anyway. Carb is really easy to remove, tank is really easy to remove. Bike is just really easy to work on. I didn't take the screen out of the airbox as it seems bigger mesh than some I've seen. It's a 2007, but I didn't feel like drilling out the pilot screw either.

Here's all I did to our 2007 TTR125LE

-Pulled snorkel off airbox

-Changed pilot to 17.5 ($3)

-Changed main to 110 ($3)

-Did washer mod on muffler

-Set air screw to 1.5 out

Obvious results:

-Choke works now, but it barely needs it! Bike was warmed up in less than a minute with outside temps about 50. Usually took at least 3 or 4 minutes most of that holding the choke.

-No typical small 4-stroke bog now either! I have to crank it as fast as I can to have it bog.

-The washer mod makes it a bit louder, but nowhere near the usual 96 db limit for most of our events here in the NMA. Bike sounds very similar to quiet aftermarket pipe like a Power Core 4 with a insert. Probably take the washers out if he rides at his buddies house (back yard kiddie track).

-More power! Definitely pulls better and revs a little quicker. This is how a 125 should pull! :moon:

Did all this for $6 and 1 hour!! :smirk:

Thanks Ovrrdrive! My kid can't wait to ride his "uncorked" TTR! :cheers:

You inspire me to do this to my bone stock 125L.

The part turning me away from this in the past was drilling holes in the airbox and removing the mesh. I don't think leaving the mesh screen in will have a different effect as taking it out, IMO.

Where did you find jets that cheap? I bet the dealer wants alot and the TT store will probably rape on shipping charges. Are the jets universal? IE, are they different for different bikes or different carbs?

Can you pop the snorkel back in there if need be?

Did you just get washers that fit over the stock screws? How many per screw? Will this still work for me since I had to grind off one of the three muffler screws in able to get at the spark arrestor? btw, it was seized and I rounded the head of the bolt , but have a new one if I ever discover a way to extract whats left of the old one.

Thanks for any help, I'll probably hit up my dealer for the two jets and an o-ring for the main since the one on there is pretty chewed and split but I got it on there and it seems to be working.

Oh, and do you think there are any long term negative side effects to these mods? Like will it stress the drivetrain or wear out anything? Just wonderin

You inspire me to do this to my bone stock 125L.

The part turning me away from this in the past was drilling holes in the airbox and removing the mesh. I don't think leaving the mesh screen in will have a different effect as taking it out, IMO.

Where did you find jets that cheap? I bet the dealer wants alot and the TT store will probably rape on shipping charges. Are the jets universal? IE, are they different for different bikes or different carbs?

Can you pop the snorkel back in there if need be?

Did you just get washers that fit over the stock screws? How many per screw? Will this still work for me since I had to grind off one of the three muffler screws in able to get at the spark arrestor? btw, it was seized and I rounded the head of the bolt , but have a new one if I ever discover a way to extract whats left of the old one.

Thanks for any help, I'll probably hit up my dealer for the two jets and an o-ring for the main since the one on there is pretty chewed and split but I got it on there and it seems to be working.

Oh, and do you think there are any long term negative side effects to these mods? Like will it stress the drivetrain or wear out anything? Just wonderin

do a search on here for ttr jets and you will find what you are looking for. theres a place online it startes with an S i think that sells them that cheap.

as for the washer thing i think you got the wrong idea of how it works. ur just taking the oem end cap off and then putting a large washer in its place to remove the spark arrestor and open the hole up a little bigger. at least thats how i understand it.

there wont be any longterm affects on the bike as long as you do good maintenence like clean your airfilter and oil regularly. drivetrain will be more than fine, it can take more than that engine can dish out with just those mods

You're thinking of sudco...

There's a pic of the washer mod in the jetting thread. You just out one washer on the stock screw between the endcap and the base and reinstall. It spaces it out the width of the washers to reduce the backpressure a little.

So we fired her up again today just to get a true cold start (45 degrees) and she did great. Went ahead and put the choke on to start and it fired right up. Took a little longer today as it was a tad colder and hadn't been run overnight. Still only took about 1 minute and that thing was ready to rip. She may be a little louder than I like. I have some pretty thick washers (nice alloy jobs from bmx brakes) in there so maybe I'll go to a standard grade for a smaller gap. Sounds great, but a bit louder than need be.

mjoekingz28, Everything's gonna be okay man. Jeez, you seem a little stressed. :moon: So, yes, the snorkel can be jammed back in there. I didn't cut any holes since I wanted to see how she runs before I do that. During the winter it needs less air so should be fine. Summer or at elevation I'll probably be wishing I had the holes, but gonna see if I can get by without. I'm only 1.5 turns out on the air screw so I think it'll be fine. Do it! You can always go back to stock. :cheers: