Acerbis 3.3 tank quick question

Yes, the tank shrouds hold gas, and no, the stock shrouds are no longer used. This design keeps weight lower than tanks that are taller, plus they protect the radiators a lot more than just shrouds.

Okay thank you, glad someone could answer me.

Uh...I have both the 3.3 and the 4.1 for my KLX450R and the 3.3 requires use of the stock shrouds. The 4.1 uses the shroud area for extra storage. :moon:

I was sort of hoping it used stock shrouds, but extra gas is extra gas so doesn't really matter that much. I was just wondering.

I do wish someone could clarify this though, lol

The Kawi 3.3 is a different tank than the Yam 3.3 The Acerbis 3.3 for the newer Yamis does NOT use the stock shrouds, and the shrouds hold gas. It also looks a LOT different than the larger Kawi tank that has the built in shrouds

Well the Kawi tank with shrouds holds a whole 1 gallon more... and was built for a different bike so yes OrbaBill it would look different...:moon:

I was curious so I looked for an image:

image001.jpg

ac-211336-0211.jpg

BTW...30 seconds and a google search is all that is needed to answer this question. :cheers:

Well the Kawi tank with shrouds holds a whole 1 gallon more... and was built for a different bike so yes OrbaBill it would look different...:cheers:

I was curious so I looked for an image:

image001.jpg

ac-211336-0211.jpg

BTW...30 seconds and a google search is all that is needed to answer this question. ?

I was aware of google but just because it you search for it doesn't mean its for my specific bike and the actual product may vary, so I figured I might as well ask since it wont kill anybody. :moon: