Sign in to follow this  

New on the foum and a question

Hi guys, i´m writting you from spain. I´ve benn a long time reading you and this is the first time i decide to participate.

I´d like to congratulate you because i´ve learned a lot with you and i like very much this forum because it´s a very technician.

Here we go:

I´ve got troubles with my rear brake master cylinder. I need to change it for a new one. It´s difficult to find, here in europe this part as a second hand part. Do any of you know if its possible to install a cr125-crf250 master cylinder in a CRF 150?. Are they compatible?. This part it´s much easyer to find.

I have compared references of the different spare parts and they do not match, but it´s possible this doesn´t mean anythig.

CRF 150 and 250 , at least externally, are identical.

I hope you can help me.

Regards.

If they are identical externally, it should work just fine. Bolting it up would be the hard part, tackle that and you are doing nothing more than moving fluid. I didnt check, but make sure the banjo bolt is the same, any online microfische will probably give you the answers you need. Im betting they are probably the same though.

Tom

after looking over the fische, they do use the same diameter and length banjo bolt. As long as you are certain that they are identical externally, it will work.

Thanks for the info Tom.

What i´m afraid is that the inner piston diameter is different.

Where can i find those microfiches to check it ?

If its a direct swap, and you are changing the entire master, it should not matter. But the website you gave me was where I found the info.

There was a rear master cylinder rebuild kit on ebay last week that said it would fit the 150r and 250r, so im guessing the internals are the same.

There was a rear master cylinder rebuild kit on ebay last week that said it would fit the 150r and 250r, so im guessing the internals are the same.

Yes i have investigated in that way and some of them show they are compatible and some others don´t. I find this is not a reliable source of info.

And what do you think about using a CR80-85 caliper????

Im thinking that you have a better shot at having the master cylinder work before you would the caliper. Once again though, if they are the same (Im not sure if they are or not) Then it will work. If the master is identical on the outside (like you say it is) Then it will work. We have already established that they use the same banjo bolt. So IT WILL WORK. Trying to change out the rear is going to open a different can of worms...not to say that it wont work either...

Tom