09 SSr 140TX jetting issue PLEASE HELP!

i got a brand new 09 140TX last tuesday and it wont run right. it boggs down when i try to run it al out. its good low range power when i can get it to run right. the plug is black which means too rich. where do I set the pin and air/fuel screw to get it jetted right for sea level? someone please help me with this problem.

right now i have a 26mm mikuni carb and the pin is set at the second position from the bottom.... plug is black so its right and if i leave the choke on and give it gass it rins like a champ, if i open the choke and give it gas it dies imediatly. im getting pissed to be honest with you. what size main jet do i need? where do i need to set the pin? and how many turns out should i set the air fuel screw? any help would be much appreciated.

im hoping its real how do i tell? one side by the intake is stamped with 26 and the other has some letters and numbers. where can i get jets foor this thing if i need to change them? it also said mikuni on the outside where the slider is and on the back by the idle screw it says JAPAN/TA.

Edited by Siik23
adding

go down on the clip and see if that helps

Start by changing clip position. Middle or second from the top. Try it there.

Make sure you do this.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327405

Then, heres your WOT test. For setting the main.

Taken from http://www.mikuni.com/fs-tuning_guide.html

"ROLL-OFF:

The Roll-Off technique is the quickest and is almost as accurate as the Roll-On method. First, one gets the engine warm on the way to a safe roadway. If there is room, use fourth gear as this allows more time to assess the result.

Now, get the engine rpm high enough that it is on the cam and in its power band. This may need to be as high as 4000 rpm with some cam choices. Apply full throttle. Let the engine accelerate for a couple of seconds until it has settled in and is pulling hard. Quickly roll the throttle off to about the 7/8ths position. When you do this, the mixture richens slightly for a second or so.

If the engine gains power as you roll the throttle off, then the main jet is too small and you need to fit a larger one.

If the engine staggers slightly or has a hard hesitation, then the main jet is too large and you need to fit a smaller one."

And some Theory for your mind.

http://www.iwt.com.au/mikunicarb.

If no Avail, post in the INTAKE/JETTING section.

Hope this helps. -BIG DAN:thumbsup:

Are you sure you don't have your choke settings mixed up? I have the same bike and i get it confused sometimes and it runs like what your describing if i leave the choke on. And if you saisd it runs great with your choke "on" and your plug is black. Also my jetting i run is a 112 main with the needle all the way up and stock pilot. I turned the fuel screw out from stock a ways but i'm not sure exactly where its at. I live in michigan and i think elevation is similar. My bike is all stock except for a uni pod filter. Hope this helps.

I will try the above. well i took the air filter off to see which way the choke was working...with the choke on the butterfly valve inside closes and leaves only a small hole in the bottom which im assuming is choke on... with the choke off the valve turns sideways and allows all the air into the carb which i think is choke off. if im wrong please tell me. when i get home tonight i will pull the bowl off the bottom and check what side jets i have. im currently runing the pin in the second position from the bottom. i will try to get out and run it all out but my problem now is the low end bog i believe it is due to the A/F screw. Also the carb came on the bike stock i have not changed anything other than the bars and grips and oil....

alright guys i think i've got the top end figured out. the bottom end is where my problem lyes.... i have a 100 main and a 20 pilot jet. cleaned the carb again. now the A/F screw is doing nothing for the idle to 1/4 throttle... im getting new plugs in just a second thanks to my wife working at cycle gear and getting an awesome discount. anyway if the jets are the wrong size would that effect my idle to 1/4 turn on the throttle? also im at the very top position on the needle.