Sign in to follow this  

Crf 450 No start Problems Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Just Bought A Crf 450r which would not start the person who i bought it off had put the lighing kit crf 450x stator with the 2 yellow wires on etc. i removed it all apart from the stator and taped the 2 yellow wires up ( seperate ) then replaced the harness and cdi. I Then Sent The Engine For A new Set Of Valves And Shims Which Was Done. I got It Back Wired It All Up Carb Etc Kicked It It Started For 2 Seconds No Overexzagoration And Then Stopped And Now Doesnt Do Any Thing At All I Removed The Plug And Checked For A Spark It Is Sparking 1once Per Full Kick Is This right Or Cant I Just Tape The Yellow Wires Up AnyOne Got Any Ideas Of What I Can Do Thanks.

The last CRF 450 I rebuilt did something similar and it turned out to be the CDI box. I know you probably don't want to hear that, but after troubleshooting every other component, I took the chance and that was it.

Same symptoms, 'cept this one fired up and ran just fine; even rode it around to put it through a heat cycle. Next time I attempted to fire it up, of course w/ the owner present, same deal. This one would throw a spark every few kicks.

Anything is possible when diddling the electrics like yours has had done, but I'm not sure why this one chose to fail when it did. Make sure you check everything else out before you make the big purchase, though.