Sign in to follow this  

what should I pay used DRZ 400?

Looking at used drz 400 bikes. Prices range from $1500 for a 2000 400(kickstart), 2001 400 kickstart for $1,800 and $2500 for a

2004 400E. All bikes are in great running condition, the 2000&2001 obviuosly have some wear and tear to the plastics. The 2004 is very clean top to bottom. What should I look for on these bikes to determine the better deal?

Take your time and check ebay and craigslist and you will find what you are looking for. I just bought a 03 S in mint condition off of ebay for $2800.

Thanks I was looking at XR 400 then I rented a drz 400e to trail ride and really like the way it handled. I had a couple of stalls and the E-start came in handy. I will only be riding trails to try and keep up with my sons so that leans me troward the 400 &400e.

I will keep looking for the great deals.

some times going that cheep just means you get some other guys JUNK

$3,000 mike maybe cheeper after you fix everything

I say that but I tend to be the furst guy to by a $500 200,000mile van ---- so never mind

yeah right. right now the best deal is the 2000 DRZ for $1500 has bars, suspension, and forks. looks like the guy really took care of it. Only draw back is no E-start.

The DRZ's are plentiful, and for the stated purpose may be the best bike made. Both the bikes you mention seem to be about $300 high. Maybe you can work a deal on the bike you want most. Better deals are always round the corner though. I like to buy the later models with low hours from guys who really don't have time to ride, but have lots of money for cool upgrades.