Sign in to follow this  

First impressions.... Dunlop MX51 and Maxxis IT 7305...

FINALLY got to ride today and test out my new tires. I bought a new front Dunlop MX51 and a rear Maxxis MaxxCross IT tire.

The riding was mostly trail riding today. It was cold, wet and muddy. The Maxxis did a GREAT job! At first, I took it easy, as I would have had to on my old Michelins. After gaining some new found confidence, I decided to be a little more aggressive on the trails and I was amazed at how both tires felt. The Dunlop up front made turning sure and confident - Didn't experience any washout at all. This was MUDDY today too - We've had tons of rain here recently, so it was mud almost everywhere. The Maxxis just crawled up everything - In areas that I would have struggled before, I just lugged up and over with it.

About 2/3s up the mountain, we ran into about 8" of snow! Even though it was slick, the bike felt stable, and even when I tried to get it to spin, it didn't!

All in all, I was really impressed with both tires and am glad about the purchases.

I'll post some pics when my friend downloads the pics from his camera.

wow bro imagine how awesome it would of been if you used dunop 756 front and rear in that terrain!

Yea I've got the MX51 on both ends of my 98 KTM300. Good feel and predictable. The wear is starting to show on the back and its not getting as much traction as when new, but the 300 does have knob shredding capabilities.

wow bro imagine how awesome it would of been if you used dunop 756 front and rear in that terrain!

I thought 756s have been discontinued

Uhh... perhaps my description wasn't clear enough; IT WAS AWESOME! The tires did great - I passed on the 756's after reading too many reviews on their rapid wear rates.