Sign in to follow this  

I had an Awesome ride today.....Merry Christmas....

A lot of things happened to a lot of different people this year. Some good and some bad. But I all ways thought things happens for a reason. Went riding today, and was met with a wall of bad terrain ( Air traffic controllers) There were too many riders on the trail ( Aircraft`s) and so traffic management was in high gear. So to do a pessant ride of 750 Nautical miles.....we were told to detour....and the ride were turning into a 1000+ nautical miles. Well fuel was running short, and short story long......We ended up over Alamosa,CO.....150 Nautical miles short of our destination....Eagle,CO. We ejected from the race course, by hopping below 18000feet, and ditched the judges ( Air Traffic Controllers) and short story long, were going to ride the last 150 nm a few thousand feet over the terrain......Dang it....:cheers::devil: So on went the autopilot, and out came the cameras.... This were gonna be good. So a ride gone bad.....transformed into a awesome privilige to observe these awesome mountains in Colorado..... And I thought I`d share......... Sorry for the pic`s ...they were with my phone...... This was my Christmas ride...and I am now off til Jan 5-2010.

Greetings Pike peak......

IMG_0431-2.jpg

Great sand dunes National monument, CO....

IMG_0432-1.jpg

Monarch pass,CO

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0445-2.jpg

IMG_0446-1.jpg

Eagle airport,CO

IMG_0448-1.jpg

Glenwood Springs,CO

IMG_0451.jpg

Fellow DRZ riders in Grand Junction and Grand Mesa,CO

IMG_0456-1.jpg

Brian My friend in Aspen,CO

IMG_0457.jpg

Crested Butte,CO

IMG_0459-1.jpg

Telluride,CO

IMG_0464.jpg

Durango,CO

IMG_0467-2.jpg

Farmington Shiprock,NM

IMG_0469-1.jpg

CIC....(Clown In Command)

IMG_0461.jpg

I know that this is really not riding the Z....But in all truthfulness.....I was scoping out next years rides....after the snow melts. The way I look at it....You can have an awefull day....or a ride..... But what really matters most is what you come home to at the end of the day........

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

So to all my fellow riders and friends i this great world....... I wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMASS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR.........:moon:👍

Erling

Awesome views. Looks like you managed a good ride even if the course wasn't the one you thought you were taking when you headed out the door.

Hope you and your family have a great Christmas and a happy new year.

And likewise the rest of you degenerates and scofflaws hanging out here at TT. I hope the holidays bring you all you desire and the new year proves to be your best yet.

Great pics. Hope all is well for you and your family erling.

Cheers Logan

love ya Erling.

thanks for the pics and the Christmas Wellwishes. i'd like to discuss a ride(or a flight) over a beer or a glass of single malt with you sometime. BTW, gonna be in NC for the Tail of the Dragon in late May 2001 if you can make it, and the scotch will be on me! God Bless you and yours!

tom

Awesome pics. I am blessed to see this regularily since my office is a helicopter and I fly in the Rocky Mountains of Alberta all the time. Still breathtaking no matter how many times I see them though. Thanks for sharing. Fly/ride safe and have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year as well.

Steven

Merry Christmas everybody, I hope Santa treats all of our DRZ's very well this year :moon:

Wow - thanks for the pics and well wishes !

Please send pics and info on the flying DRZ - i'm sure we'd all like to see it.

Thanks !

Dude, I thought I heard a Bi-Plane overhead today.....:cheers:

Merry Christmas to you and yours my friend, Zach is ready to take your right seat!

:moon:

Thanks for the views and wishes Erling! Maybe Santa will bring you some CF this year! :moon: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all TT folks! Best Wishes for the new year!

Dude, I thought I heard a Bi-Plane overhead today.....:smirk:

Merry Christmas to you and yours my friend, Zach is ready to take your right seat!

:moon:

Biplane.......Nice...🤣:lol:

I`m fraid someone else beat Zach to that seat.......:cheers::smirk:

IMG_3530.jpg

She might not like the harassment in the long run though.....:smirk:

Erling

This is our interim ride. We bought her may 2008. We were supposed to trade her in summer of next year for the new one....but due to the aircraft manufactures suffering......new one won`t be available till 2012. It is a Hawker Beechcraft Premier 1A. It`s made from........Ehhhhh... You guess`ed it.... Carbon Fiber......:moon:🤣

IMG_0158-1.jpg

IMG_3527.jpg

Erling

Nice, must suck to have a job like that!

Merry Christmas.

I am very lucky. A funny thing......When I would do the Eagle run.... On the way home south...I would always look at this high alpine mountain road up and around Silverton,CO...thinking that one day I would love to explore that..... Well this summer I did.... Turned out to be the Alpine loop Trail from Silverton to Lake City,CO. I will say this....I enjoy every minute on my Z every bit as much as the time spend in my bigger ride.......:cheers::banana: And thanks in part to the TT community, the Z is running great. I`m really hoping the TT rally does happen next year. It would be great to meet the people with whom we talk here on the forum.......:moon:👍

Erling

Definitely a few on this forum I need to tip a couple with. One of these days we'll get a chance. :moon: