Sign in to follow this  

2010 crf250r or yz250?

Getting a new bike, little bro gets the 09. i ride trails and race mx a little too. what would be the best decision? before my 09 crf250 i had a 99 yz250. i loved it. i love my 09 to but parts for 4ts are so darn more expensive.

if ya want a underpowerd, expensive, heavy and boring bike get the 250f.

• Like 1

If you race a class that requires a 4 stroke 250, then that's what you have to get. If you want a fun an versatile bike, you can't beat a 250 smoker. And they have gotten a lot better since 99. I got my 09 KTM sx 250 for well under 6k OTD, and that included a revalve, respring, big tank, and other parts for off road racing. Did a full season of harescrambles and lots of trial riding, and only paid for gas, oil, tires, and brake pads.

what class requires a 250f? ama and most local clubs runt he 250;s together now.

If your going to be racing, and in a certain class and if your determined to progress your riding skills i woulf go with the 250 4 stroke. Sure 250 2 strokes are fun as hell, but it's going to take some time to get used to them, everything is different on them because of the 2 stroke characteristics. My opinion.

If your going to be racing, and in a certain class and if your determined to progress your riding skills i woulf go with the 250 4 stroke. Sure 250 2 strokes are fun as hell, but it's going to take some time to get used to them, everything is different on them because of the 2 stroke characteristics. My opinion.

Nevermind... After looking at the Yamaha 2 stroke pictures. i say go with another 2 stroke ! :banghead: