Sign in to follow this  

suspension work?

i weigh 230lbs and know that i need to get my suspension done, but i dont have a clue were to start. my suspension is bone stock now.

Start out by getting the right springs for your weight. Go to racetech.com or mx-tech.com both of these sites have spring rate calculators. Get the new springs and set your race sag (search thumpertalk many many posts on this subject). Once you get your springs right you will have good baseline to either play with the clickers or properly explain to a suspension shop what your bike is riding like. I found both front and rear springs on ebay for cheap!

get in touch with paul @ wwwDOTasracingincDOTcom

he is in ontario and can get you dialed in.

Since you live in CA, you should get with Race Tech. They are a great company and have more suspension know-how than anybody else out there.

get in touch with paul @ wwwDOTasracingincDOTcom

he is in ontario and can get you dialed in.

Gonna do that myself:thumbsup:

Go to the races in your area and find out who the locals use. The shop that knows what type of track and/or terrain you're riding can be invaluable.

Go to the races in your area and find out who the locals use. The shop that knows what type of track and/or terrain you're riding can be invaluable.

That is a good route to take? I think staying local is a huge plus as they may not nail the setup the first time. If your tuner goes to the races they can help you with setup etc.