Sign in to follow this  

suspension work?

i have a 2008 crf250x with bone stock suspension. i weigh 230lbs and i know that i need to do suspension work. the only problem is i have no idea were to start. how much will it cost? where do i need to take it?

first thing your going to need is springs front and rear.

than you can look at what you need valving wise.:moon:

you may have answered my question... your saying that changing the spring rates "without" sending the forks/shock off to RaceTech or other will make a difference? Im at 215lbs on an XR650R which is stock set for a 170lb rider.. Im still in the process of DualS. the bike so haven't put any seat time on it.. but, have been eying springs front and rear.. Correct springs is the starting point?? This seems common sense :cheers: I know but, there is so much chatter about it.. thanks in advance...

you may have answered my question... your saying that changing the spring rates "without" sending the forks/shock off to RaceTech or other will make a difference? Im at 215lbs on an XR650R which is stock set for a 170lb rider.. Im still in the process of DualS. the bike so haven't put any seat time on it.. but, have been eying springs front and rear.. Correct springs is the starting point?? This seems common sense :moon: I know but, there is so much chatter about it.. thanks in advance...

Defining the correct spring rates are definately the starting point. A lot of the times the stock settings are good enough for the average rider, and that's all you would have to do. Once you get the spring rates, then adjust the rebound and compression clickers one at a time to fine tune it. The springs are the coarse adjustment then the valving and clickers are the fine tune. Hope this helps.

Defining the correct spring rates are definately the starting point. A lot of the times the stock settings are good enough for the average rider, and that's all you would have to do. Once you get the spring rates, then adjust the rebound and compression clickers one at a time to fine tune it. The springs are the coarse adjustment then the valving and clickers are the fine tune. Hope this helps.

it does.. thanks.. Merry Christmas to all...