Sign in to follow this  

Idaho Boise: anyone else hit the dez today?

It was pretty nice out there today. Snow is pretty low so we rode down low but traction was great :moon: Anyone else hit it today?

Took the family out yesterday (Hemmingway) and it was a bit muddy.... my kid "splatted" about three times! (LOL)

Rabbit was near perfect today...few riders, no mud, tacky, you could see your tracks everywhere. A little cold but not bad.

Muddy, snowy, frozen, ice, but otherwise not that great. The temp was fine, but never got out of 3rd gear. Looking forward to 2011!

Four of us rode last Thursday, the fog cleared for a few hours midday, great ride but we had to stay low, got pretty sloppy up high.

Yesterday two of us started at Murphy, made our way over to Sinker Cr. We have a loop we do that has almost no whoops or deep sand.

Some crossings in Sinker and one tributary were totally iced over, on others we played icebreaker. Traction everywhere was great, about as good as the desert gets, could have used a little sunshine though...

I've been a big woosey this year. It's just too cold for me to get excited about riding.:moon:

Cold? lol, it was downright perfect riding conditions both days this weekend. I'm a totall wuss about cold, but i rode comfortably in lightweight gloves.

fwiw, there was less snow in oreana than in the murphy area. usually it seems like it's the other way round. we rode oreana sat and murphy sunday.

Cold? lol, it was downright perfect riding conditions both days this weekend. I'm a totall wuss about cold, but i rode comfortably in lightweight gloves.

fwiw, there was less snow in oreana than in the murphy area. usually it seems like it's the other way round. we rode oreana sat and murphy sunday.

I know, that's why the big :lame:sign. Actually last weekend wasn't bad at all temperature wise, but we got really busy at work and I was asked to help out.

good thing i'm not riding til friday. :moon:

Good thing I'm not waiting til Friday to ride.

I think an early afternoon ride tomorrow sounds perfect. :cheers:

Good thing I'm not waiting til Friday to ride.

I think an early afternoon ride tomorrow sounds perfect. :moon:

people who have to work think u r :cheers:

:smirk:

people who have to work think u r :cheers:

LOL!!!

Please, you only have a 1/2 day tomorrow ... you'll be home by noon. You can meet me out at the dez if you like. :moon:

people who have to work think u r :moon:

:cheers:

I'll ditto that!.....besides, I heard the riding is going to suck tomorrow:moon:

Anyone been out this weekend? Hoping to ride Rabbit tomorrow, just hoping it's not a mess.

Went to Hemingway this morning, every thing was frozen till just after 10:00. Some spots weren't to bad but some were just plain nasty. The areas with sand and rock were OK, the snow isn't very far up the hill. We hit one spot that had the chalky clay stuff. It stuck to the tires so bad that it would ball up in the forks and lock up the front tire. I spent two hours with the hose to clean the mud off. Still a nice ride though, this what the parking lot looked like when we got back.

IMG_0937.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg