Sign in to follow this  

Bike Question

My son is racing a Honda CRF-50 right now in multi speed and he is also running it in 50cc 4-8 open. Looking to get a used bike to be competitive in the open class and working on a real tight budget. I have been searching for a King Cobra or a KTM SR SX in our price range and I have came across a bike I have never hear of before.

Now this is my first post here and I am not looking to start a argument between what bike is the best but the bike we came across is a 2006 LEM RX3. I don't know anything about this bike but I am very leery about it, because for one, if it was a top of the line competitive bike wouldn't there be more out there? Maybe they are out of my area but we haven't even heard of this bike before last week. Could I get some opinions of this bike vs the King Cobra/KTM SX SR?

Thanks in advance.

Looks good. Check around for parts availability. It's commonly sold alongside cobras. At 3/4 the price. So, maybe 3/4 the investment.

RX3.gif

-BIG DAN:thumbsup:

weve raced one for the last two years and it is very competitive to the cobra and the polini way better than the ktm. Ours is a 05 rx3 and if you lok into the history lem started the fast 50 craze back in the 90s before cobra was even invented.

LEM are decent bikes. You don't 'hear more about them' because they mainly dabble in the 50cc realm....kids race bikes and pit bikes.

We raced a 2004 LEM R3 for two years and they are a very reliable bike.

And with the Tomar clutch you will save yourself alot of money and hassle.

We never had a stator fail and finished very race, some H/S races lasted 1 Hr.

For parts or set-up contact Bob @ BCracing or Wilsonmotorsports.

if you're on a tight budget, whatever you do - DON'T get a KTM 50!!!

I know a lot of people who have kids racing KTM 50's and they are NOT a cheap bike to keep running.

I've heard good things about the LEM and Cobra but have not had any real exposure to them except a cobra which was an awesome bike.

if you're on a tight budget, whatever you do - DON'T get a KTM 50!!!

I know a lot of people who have kids racing KTM 50's and they are NOT a cheap bike to keep running.

I've heard good things about the LEM and Cobra but have not had any real exposure to them except a cobra which was an awesome bike.

Well we are looking hard at 2 bikes. A 2006 Cobra 1,000.00

DSC07840.jpg

Or 2006 Lem for 800.00 no pics yet.

would the LEM or the Cobra be a better bike in the woods?

Cobra would not be good in the woods I don't think along with the KTM Senior bikes. These bikes aren't meant to be lugged around with stop/go and slower woods riding, the clutches would get eaten up. We had a KTM Pro Sr and the King Cobra at one point. They need to be rev'd 8000rpm just to get moving. Not sure about the Tomar and the Lem though on how it would work in the woods.

would the LEM or the Cobra be a better bike in the woods?

The LEM works good in the woods, it has two radiators, water pump driven by a belt and coolant runs thru clutch cover to remove heat from clutch fluid, and the stator is NOT next to the HOT water pump.

The Tomar can be adjusted for a smooth engagement and you can adjust it

thru a plug in the clutch cover. Strong frame and very good shock.

Our LEM would go over 1 hr on a tank of fuel and it had a reserve also.

We raced ours two seasons for woods racing and never had a DNF. Also won

a Enduro and H/S championship.

The LEM was a very dependable bike for us and ours was a used 2004. My son would ride it for hours trailriding also.

Here is a LEM forum: http://www.peeweepower.com/lemforum/list.php?f=1

Good looking bike.. Kinda bummed they're sorta tall 23.8" seat height.. Will have to wait until my 4 year old is about 6... I think.

Good looking bike.. Kinda bummed they're sorta tall 23.8" seat height.. Will have to wait until my 4 year old is about 6... I think.

The R2 is smaller, with 10" wheels F & R.

The older seats on the LEM's were not as tall as the newer bikes. My son is pretty small and we had Powerband lower the bike 1".