Sign in to follow this  

what on earth?

Remeber the scenario, 03 bike, 1.5k on the clock, been sitting for a couple of years, changed the oi, fitted new batt,l but had probs with residue blocking the jets,

it was running ok, left it for two days and when i tried it, it seemd to be flat battery, tried bump starting it but far too much comp, but then suddenly it started turning over on the starter, wouldn't fire though and thanks to the headlight being on the battery was soon flat,

No one had a charger so i had to go into town and buy one, charged it, still no fire, tried with choke, without choke, nothing, didn't smell fuel,

Took the plug out, wet!, fitted new plug, loosened the aircleaner and fuel dripped out, so flooded i though,

Let it charge again then held open the throttle and kept it turning, after a minute i heard a slight pop, then a fire, and slowly it started to fire more, eventually it started and rev'd, but i shut down coz i didn't want to over rev it,

Then i tried again, nothing, waited for half an hour and tried again, same after a long period of turning over it started to fire, suddenly it started to rev and i was engulfed in white smoke, burning oil, i shut off and logged on, what on earth could i have done, remember it's low milage and was running ok?.

forgot to say that some little git drained every drop of fuel out, or could it have drained into the engine somehow?

I did take off the fuel line and crank it to see if it was pumping and a load of fuel pumped out, i'm thinking the sump is full of fuel somehow,

i did notice that some fuel was coming from petcock when switched to normal, is it possible all the fuel just drained into the engine?.

change the oil, check the petcock for leakage with the lever in ON and motor off. If it leaks at all replace it.. Next apply vacuum to the petcock, fuel should flow, remove vacuum source,, flow should stop, immediately. If it continues to flow at all replace the petcock. You can use an OEM one, or one from a WR, or an aftermarket Pingle

Cheers bronco, looks like another trip to manila, at least i know the way, hehe,

Feel a bit better, thought it was something terminal to start with.

Mate , you are having such a bad time with this bike . Unfortunately buying something that has sat for a couple of years can turn into a nightmare for some . If you dont regularly ride them they start to deteriorate . It sounds like you are not having a lot of fun with this bike , but if it helps , once you have it sorted , you are going to enjoy yourself on a great and reliable bike All the best for xmas and the new year , greg

Thanks greg, you cheered me up a bit, got a new petcock coming along with a new carb from f2dog, gonna rattle some pebbles in the tank, change all the fluids and have another go,

The only problem is i've left it in car park in batangas city and gone home to mindoro, there may be some parts left if i'm lucky, if not, ce la vie, i'll buy a c90, he he.