Sign in to follow this  

cold weather question

its cold as hell up here..gonna be riding on ice. should i change gas ratio? i usualy run 32:1 does it make a difference that its cold?

You need to install larger jets in your bike and leave the oil ratio alone.

is that a must or will it just run crappy till it warms up..seems to be like that now

I would deffinatly change your jets. The cold air leans out the engine quite a bit.

On my 2003 YZ125 I have been running a 450 main on the ice (15-30 deg.). As a comparison I run 410-420 during summer months. Did run a 440 a little last season but found the 450 to run better. Did not change pilot or needle clip position. If you are not using a Kenda ice tire get one -they are awesome! They also hold studs much better than a knobby.

thanks for the info..gettin the kenda rear for christmas :moon:

What size jets would you recommend for an 05 yz125? (winter temps 0-32F) I'm new to the 2Ts and would like to know a general range as far as jet sizes go.

What size jets would you recommend for an 05 yz125? (winter temps 0-32F) I'm new to the 2Ts and would like to know a general range as far as jet sizes go.

A general guide to jetting a bike in any temperature. Mind you not a YZ125. :moon:

YZ250VJetting.jpg

Where can I get a guide for that? I'm going to guess my service manual, which I still need to get. I went ahead and bought a 440 and a 450 main. Will I be ok with just that, plus air screw and needle adjustment, or do I need to also look into a pilot jet?