Sign in to follow this  

Bali Husky test report Devil exhaust TC250 2010

We received the long muffler version of the Devil exhaust system for the TC250 2010 yesterday. After removing the DB restrictor we bolted it onto one of our bikes. This was a quick and easy operation. We took the bike down to the test track earlier to see what was what. After a number of laps by 3 different riders we all can to the same opinion, there was a substantial power gain on the middle to top end! Unfortunately though it seemed we had traded in a little bottom end power for this gain. The bike we ran it on already had a Boyesen Quickshot adapter bolted onto the carb. The leak jet setting with this was for a 60 leak jet size (spoken about in another post). Unfortunately we run out of time but I think the sacrifice of bottom end response maybe to do with leak jet setting as it was noticed mainly when the throttle was suddenly bleeped open after hard breaking...the climb from rock bottom to mid was slower than stock. As the leak jet controls the sudden bleeping of the throttle I am thinking that maybe we just need to tweak the leak jet setting down a bit as it maybe just is too much for the exhaust, only time will tell. I would appriciate it if anyone has any ideas?!?

Will post some pics below, beautiful exhaust though!

Herpindo,

What do you think about the weight of the exhaust? Even the longer version that you have, do you think it is close in weight to the stock exhaust? Did you happen to weigh the Devil before you put it on? Obviously, since both systems have full titanium head and mid pipes then those should be the same BUT I am curious about the muffler. If you get a chance, weight the mufflers against each other and post some results. Pics look GREAT!!!

Blake

Never weighed it but it is not that heavy and really could not tell the difference between it and the stock exhaust, looks heavy but not so!!

looks identical to the one we have been trying,as i said before i thought the bike runs better with the std system,i was under the impression that their was a updated version being made with a shorter headpipe??????

I don't know about shorter head pipe, but I do know there are 3 different length mufflers available.

since it had been nearly two months between riding the bike with std pipe and the devil its really hard to tell,what i do know with the devil there is a fantastic sweet spot,somewhere near the top of the mid range,but keepin the rev range in this sweet spot was very hard,and again it refused to be overreved,but maybe a few tweaks in the jetting dept could have had major gains.as i sit here typing this i am trying to convince myself to buy on of these,and theres only one thing holding me back and thats the lack of power,being a big guy i need as much hp as i can get.everybody has been comparing the bike to 2010 models,i have a 2007 model ktm 2 fiddy f in my garage,and i hate to say this but in the hp department the ktm wipes the floor with the husky.another thing that is confusing me is the conflicting reports across the world??? some say their husky rips??others say its dead slow???i would really like to hear from someone with some tuning background with some ideas for juiceing this bike up.because it is one sweet machine otherwise,with a 2 year warranty and free clothing deal,im tempted:bonk::moon:

i would really like to hear from someone with some tuning background with some ideas for juiceing this bike up.

that person would be Ty Davis in Southern California. Been doing extensive testing. Word is there is a lot to be gained exhaust wise. My TXC250 had considerably more low and mid with the SA out and the EFI richened up so i tend to believe the claims. If you look at the BD of the huskys compared to all the other MXers it is 2-6 DB quieter and this is capping power.

since it had been nearly two months between riding the bike with std pipe and the devil its really hard to tell,what i do know with the devil there is a fantastic sweet spot,somewhere near the top of the mid range,but keepin the rev range in this sweet spot was very hard,and again it refused to be overreved,but maybe a few tweaks in the jetting dept could have had major gains.as i sit here typing this i am trying to convince myself to buy on of these,and theres only one thing holding me back and thats the lack of power,being a big guy i need as much hp as i can get.everybody has been comparing the bike to 2010 models,i have a 2007 model ktm 2 fiddy f in my garage,and i hate to say this but in the hp department the ktm wipes the floor with the husky.another thing that is confusing me is the conflicting reports across the world??? some say their husky rips??others say its dead slow???i would really like to hear from someone with some tuning background with some ideas for juiceing this bike up.because it is one sweet machine otherwise,with a 2 year warranty and free clothing deal,im tempted:bonk::moon:

Mine (2010 TE250) didn't really rip in the bottom revs or it didn't like to hit the high notes at first.

So after i had a couple hours on it i sent it back to my dealer for a first service and a bit of a tune up.

When i got it back i couldn't believe it was the same bike.

The dealer removed the long spark arrester and fitted the short one.

He also adjusted the fuel settings for me.

Now got 4 hours use on it and it feels very strong with a midrange that really punches, and boy does it like to rev!

It takes 10 or more hours use to really loosen up and make its potential power.

I was on a yam450 before the Husky and had initially concerns about a 250 not being as torquey as i'm used to.

No way do i regret buying the TE250 now, it's incredible.

& best handling and cornering bike i've ever riden!

So Be Tempted... Be Very Tempted.:cheers::moon:

.another thing that is confusing me is the conflicting reports across the world??? some say their husky rips??others say its dead slow???:

I think this is a matter of perspective, and riding conditions. Wide-open moto riders say it's slow, Tight-track moto riders and woods guys say it rips. This lines up nicely with where the motor does make power. It's also hard to not candy-coat the bike you just plunked down hard cash for.

I hope TD doesn't limit the testing to exhausts. I think cam and headwork could make it kill at moto-type power. While that's not their focus, it sure would help Husky propell this bike to stardome.

I am not a betting man, but my money would be on this table,

some (very reliable) birds have told me that Zip-Ty is into every tuners bag of tricks to get all of their machines to flat rip, so that is the best answer to the last post. This goes for the 450, 510 series machines as well.

Ty never messes around and always brings race ready, podium finishing machines to the game.

we have been told that the full arrow system the is in the husky 2010 hardparts is a 2-3 hp gain for the 250 thats what there running on the husqvarna aussie mx & sx team?