Sign in to follow this  

They took my baby :(

As of tuesday just gone, I am an Ex WR owner...some theiving scum took my WR290F away from me. I had just completely repaired and serviced the bike and started riding again (broke my leg on it nearly 4 months ago and did a bit of damage to my bike), and was all amped for my first good 300 mile ride this weekend...but it wasn't to be.

Make sure those WR's are all chained up, I don't want anyone else going through what I am :moon:

thats sucks man. Ill go chain mine up today. Its just sitting in the garage that is not locked. I hope you get it back all in one piece

If I get it back I'll be installing a GPS tracker, it's a little unit a bit bigger than a match box that sends its coordinates to your cell phone. As a bonus it has a microphone, so you can call it up and listen in to the scumbag that pinched it!

I've notified approximately 1000 people, I am working with the police and many others, including all the bike shops in town. I am friends with ~10 police officers. So the scum picked the wrong person to steal from :moon:.

Sorry to hear about your bike. What is the name of that gps unit you're referring to? Do you have to pay a monthly service fee, or just if you have to activate it? Is if powered off the battery? Seems like a great insurance policy for all our toys........

I really hope you get your bike back.

where do you get the gps tracker thing? got a link? Sorry to hear about your bike.

Sorry to hear about your bike man,I keep a cable lock on my bike at all times,after hearing some stories like yours i can't sleep at night if i forgot lock it up.

Sorry for the loss! A lot of people suck.:moon: I have had stuff stolen from me and it sucks. 2 GT bmx bikes and they tried to still my rm80 at the time, but were too dumb to get it started. After hearing all these horror stories Ive become ocd about keeping the garage locked. Best of luck to ya, hopefully you will get it back in one piece.

insurance is not off the list eather u know. also were was it in your garage or sitting somewere?

Was anything a bit unusual worn out? We nearly got a lead on some scum when they ordered a rear sprocket for my mates CR500 they’d just stolen. We got the idea a day late “someone picked one up yesterday.” These scumbags are not smart.:cheers: Key your local dealers to keep an eye out for shady morons bringing a standard head gasket back saying “it doesn’t fit” or asking for one “to match, this (290 kit) one”:moon:

As has been mentioned before; Baby monitors can be used in the garage. Imagine being woken up by someone whispering (over the monitor) “what kind of idiot has tin cans tied his MX bike”? The same kind that sleeps with a baseball bat and/or a 12 gauge!:smirk:

I’m pretty sure the nut welding idea is the long term answer though.:smirk:

Edited by skypig

sorry bout ur bike. i just got a yz250f after mine was stolen. police dint do shit. but insurance company gave us 1100 and that was a start

Was anything a bit unusual worn out? We nearly got a lead on some scum when they ordered a rear sprocket for my mates CR500 they’d just stolen. We got the idea a day late “someone picked one up yesterday.” These scumbags are not smart.:smirk: Key your local dealers to keep an eye out for shady morons bringing a standard head gasket back saying “it doesn’t fit” or asking for one “to match, this (290 kit) one”:cheers:

As has been mentioned before; Baby monitors can be used in the garage. Imagine being woken up by someone whispering (over the monitor) “what kind of idiot has tin cans tied his MX bike”? The same kind that sleeps with a baseball bat and/or a 12 gauge!🤣

I’m pretty sure the nut welding idea is the long term answer though.🤣

Everything was perfect bar the rear tyre which was supposed to be replaced the following day :smirk:. I tore the top end down and checked/replaced a few things, including the head gasket and camchain about 3 days before it was stolen, so it shouldn't need a new head gasket for a fair while :moon:. I'll word up the yamaha dealership about it anyway.

Baby monitor in the garage, that's a fantastic idea, what better thing to keep an ear on my 'baby' than that? I am also one of those idiots that sleeps with a buck knife and a 4D cell maglite. Gun laws in Australia are very strict, weapons must be locked away in an approved safe, bolted to the floor, where they are useless for defending one's self.

Dude sorry to hear about the loss of your ride!

I keep my bike locked in a shed and also have a 12 foot cable lock ran though the frame and front and rear brake rotors.(pretty much wraps around the whole bike)

I like the baby monitor Idea.

Would like to know more about the GPS tracker though.

Sounds like your leg has healed up well.

Sounds like you have a pretty good sized posse looking for the bike,so good luck there.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GPS-GSM-CAR-TRACKER-VEHICLE-ANTI-THEFT-TRACKING-SYSTEM_W0QQitemZ260525687915QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGPS_Devices?hash=item3ca88a846b

This is a fairly cheap system. Have a read to see how it works. I like the idea but not sure if I'd pick that unit. It works on the GSM/GPRS network, would be nice if it worked on the 3G network. I was thinking it would be possible to load a prepaid sim card into it which lays dormant until you discover the bike stolen, then you quickly recharge the sim with a bit of credit and away you go with your favourite weapon(s) to recover your baby and teach a lesson...

That tracker looks interesting – I’m not sure it would work in Australia, but something similar should.

Two bike thief stories:

This was from a British magazine: The TSB (Thieving Scum Bag) spies a bike left unattended. He “bumps” it a few times to check for alarm. He “goes to work” on the steering lock. He is surprised when several “excited” lads leap from a nearby Transit van. :worthy:The lads have a “conversation” :bonk:with the TSB while he is driven out of town in the back of the van. Using a primitive and physical language the lads outline their displeasure at TSBs personal choices:foul: and for good measure “mention” a few other incidents involving bike theft.:cheers: It is impressed on TSB that once he feels up to the walk back to town :smirk: he should be sure to remember to let his cohorts know the extra risk involved in stealing bikes in that area.:moon:

Australian Urban Legend: A Harley Davidson fitted with a back to base satellite tracker was stolen in Sydney. Alarm People / Police follow the stolen bike as the guy tries to “fence” it. After each unsuccessful attempt to off load the bike, the police raid the address finding stolen motorcycles etc:busted:. They follow him to a number of “receivers of stolen bikes” busting them all:busted:. Original thief, now not popular!🤣

I guess I like these stories cause the Scum cop it:lol:🤣. Like all normal people I hate bike thieves.:smirk:

Edited by skypig
speeling

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GPS-GSM-CAR-TRACKER-VEHICLE-ANTI-THEFT-TRACKING-SYSTEM_W0QQitemZ260525687915QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGPS_Devices?hash=item3ca88a846b

This is a fairly cheap system. Have a read to see how it works. I like the idea but not sure if I'd pick that unit. It works on the GSM/GPRS network, would be nice if it worked on the 3G network. I was thinking it would be possible to load a prepaid sim card into it which lays dormant until you discover the bike stolen, then you quickly recharge the sim with a bit of credit and away you go with your favourite weapon(s) to recover your baby and teach a lesson...

I truly hope you find your bike back, those thiefs piss me off badly. Just because they can't afford to buy their own bike they take someone else's. :moon:

Regarding this tracker, seems kind of big, no? If they are taking a bike apart there might not be much time to track it before they find it?

I truly hope you find your bike back, those thiefs piss me off badly. Just because they can't afford to buy their own bike they take someone else's. :moon:

Regarding this tracker, seems kind of big, no? If they are taking a bike apart there might not be much time to track it before they find it?

Thanks for the kind words.

Its only match box sized, I'm sure there is plenty of places it could be hidden.

Bike thieves need to have their nuts welded together.

that is way too nice. i think they need to have them cut off with somesort of very dull very rusty cutting instrument while someone is pouring salt on the wound

I feel your pain. I have had a bike stolen out of my garage and it is the shittiest feeling. Luckily for me, the cops found it 2 days later when the cops saw some idiot riding without a helmet down a main street in town and a high spped chase ensued. Talk about an idiot.