Sign in to follow this  

KDX220 Front End Rebuild

Im carruying out the KDX to KX fork conversion and i have put it all back together apart from the front brake beacause it does not seem to fit when i tighten the bolts up on the calliper carrier it starts warping the disc as i pull it in tight i have know idea what is going on as i made sure that everything i bought was off of a KX250 04' bike.

At first i thought i have the wrong size spacing sleeve that goes on the axel but im lost for clues .

Does anyone have any ideas???

cheers :moon:

I`m not sure, but if no one chimes in soon, check out KDXRIDER.NET. Lots of good folks with plenty of knowledge that can help you out.

What all parts have you replaced?

What year is your KDX?

MY KDX is a 97' this is what i have done so far and what i have got

i replaced the yoke with a KX 02'(swaped the stems over)

the usd forks are KX 04'

the wheel is KX 04'

the Brake calliper is 04'

i still have the KDX brake line

after reading all the forums it should have been a straight swap once i had done the machine shop work with the stem?

Please Help :moon:

should have been a straight swap, yes. Make sure the caliper is not bound up on the slides. the caliper itself can slide in/out on it's mounting plate. either that or you are missing spacers or washers where there should be some.

Think ive figured it out i just undone everything and put it all back together loose. made sure that both forks were at the same height and that everything was together and was still having the problem i meausured up the axle spacers that was sold with the wheel and compared it against the Ronayers Fich catelouge and mine for the 04' should be 29mm for the LH and 19mm for the RH the ones i have are 36mm for the LH and 19mm on the RH i think here lies my problem so im going to cut down my spacer to correct size and hope this sorts out my issue. I think the guy i bought it of probabbly did not think there would be a problem and just grabbed to spacers to go with the wheel.