synthetic oil for 06 YFZ450

mobile one is fine here we go another best oil thread whooopie.

Motorex is the best oil on the planet earth should be for what it costs.

Real truth only 3 kinds of oil out there synthetic, blended synthetic & petro based and petro based.

Best idea change oil after every ride. Check for metal.

Mobil One "Gold Cap" 15w-50 is exactly the same oil as the ever popular Mobil One "Red Cap" 15w-50. I had our OA lab run samples of both and they are the same oil. Ran them in my 02 WR250F, 02 426F and my 06 450F with great results.

Not trying to start another oil war this is just what worked best for me based on performance, price and availability. Lots of good lubes out there today.

Make sure you are using a motorcycle or ATV specific oil. Any motor oil carrying the " Energy Conserving " rating has friction modifiers in it that can cause your clutch to slip. In my experience, frequent oil and filter changes do more good for your quad that what brand of oil you use.

I've never run a drop of synthetic oil through my 2008 YFZ, and I have over 350 hours on it. Synthetic is definitely a better oil, but the clutches don't like it too well. Just food for thought. And I run Yamahalube non-synthetic 15w40.

Mobil One (red cap) 15-50 was the oil of choice on TT since I joined in 2002. When Mobil announced that they were going to discontinue the red cap and introduce the "new" 15w-50 Extended Performance everyone using the red cap started hoarding. I called a lubricant engineer at Mobil and asked him if they added more friction modifiers to the new gold cap oil and his reply was a bunch of proprietary, if I tell you I'll have to kill you BS. So I had our lab run a sample of both the old red cap 15w50 and the new gold cap 15w-50 and they are EXACTLY the same oil. In the years 2002 to 2007) I used 15w-50 red and gold cap mobil 1 in my Yamaha's I never had the clutch slip nor did I hear of anyone else that had clutch issues.

Everyone always says stay away from automotive oil because it promotes clutch slip. You should steer clear of oils that are "Energy Conserving" and those with moly additives. If you are going to run synthetic, buy the suzuki or honda or yamahlube brand, which ever is cheapest, they are pretty much all the same