Sign in to follow this  

tire size 450 sx-f MX only.

Lets talk tire size. MX only 450 sx-f. 120 vs. 110 rear and 90 vs. 80 front. What have you found in your testing, is the 120 better, does it rob to much HP, does it hinder the turning ability with the KTM. Same with the front. Any Ideas, thoughts on this matter?

I have tested the 120 rear and it´s good in sand/loam mainly because it offers wider print/more grip but it´s not good on hard tracks and especially not on ruts. It feels like it´s too "wide" and wants to climb out of them (ruts).

That´s how i feel about the 120.

I switched from a 120 to a 110, IMHO it has way better feel, hooks up just as good, turns a little better, Like ville said it stays in the ruts, and just seems to track better than the wider tire, takes less power away from motor(bike feels like runs better)

120 rear and 80 front for me: i dont notice the rear being any different, actually if anything maybe a bit more traction with the 120 but maybe just mental...cornering felt the same.........the front i noticed a difference, the 90 seemed to wander a bit more and a little more vague in the bumps entering a rut............i have seen all the teams in US in mx/sx are running 120 on 450 and 110 on 250f.......as far as hp loss on a 450 from a bigger tire, well...you are kidding right?.....

The 120/ 80 works pretty well although it gives up something in the ruts. I also find it lasts longer. I've noticed a Bridgestone 120 is about the same width as a Dunlop 110.

I really dislike the 90/100 front unless it's concrete hard pack w/ absolutely no ruts. It's a pile in the ruts.