Wait until spring for break-in?

There are many many theories of break in, and you are probably going to get a lot of different answers. If your bike is a 2 stroke, you could do a couple of heat cycles on the stand, and then ride it easy for 15 minutes or so once the weather warms up. Then you should be good to go. I don't know about 4 strokes and what they require.

I am not talking about break in procedure, I am just wondering if once I get it together It is alright to let it sit until Spring before I start it and properly break it in?

I don't want to break it in while its cold and snowing out, because my jetting is off and I wont be able to ride and properly put a load on it.

Just coat the clyinder with some oil, more that normal, and some stp oil treatment or something of that nature to thicken the oil up so that it sticks to the cylinder walls better that just oil. Or take a road trip to someplace warmer to break it in.

dump the gas, spray a light coat of wd40 over the whole bike and throw a sheet over it till summer, when you do go to fire it up, clean oil the air filter (since the oil will have gone off by then), change the engine oil just for good mensure before you start it up

Well I have the bike in a heated garage (70 degrees). I tore the bike down completely, cleaned the carb, drained the fuel and changed the oil.

I will add some extra premix in the cylinder as well as in the crank area, and I will rotate the motor ever so often to keep all the bearings lubed.

My concern was with the wrist pin bearing drying out for my first starting the spring

Yes, I second the the fogging oil. I misunderstood your post when I first replied. Your bike will probably be fine sitting, but if you want piece of mind, buy fogging oil, run a heat cycle, and shoot the fogging oil in per instructions at the end of the heat cycle.