Sign in to follow this  

EE, FMF or ? for SparkArrestor

So, my '09 200 XC-W didn't come with a SA but I don't really need one around here. I'm planning on hauling the bike out to sunny SoCal from muddy SE Ohio this spring and don't want to chance riding public lands without a SA. I don't like the idea of buying a new silencer just to get the SA. Is there a KTMPart that will work with my stock silencer? If I do have to go with a new silencer, EE, FMF QStealth, FMF TrubineCore2, or ... Recommendations?

BTW - My local dealer gives 20% discount to customers who've bought bikes at his shop. Pricing on the various brands of silencers will be similar. Support your local dealer whenever you can.

So, my '09 200 XC-W didn't come with a SA but I don't really need one around here. I'm planning on hauling the bike out to sunny SoCal from muddy SE Ohio this spring and don't want to chance riding public lands without a SA. I don't like the idea of buying a new silencer just to get the SA. Is there a KTMPart that will work with my stock silencer? If I do have to go with a new silencer, EE, FMF QStealth, FMF TrubineCore2, or ... Recommendations?

BTW - My local dealer gives 20% discount to customers who've bought bikes at his shop. Pricing on the various brands of silencers will be similar. Support your local dealer whenever you can.

the FMF turbinecore to the Q stealth are hard to beat, especially if you are getting them at a discount.

I broke my hockey stick and got an ee. I am happy, not much louder and it was like 20 bucks off ebay.

Either way you go, look for a "turbine style" Krizman sparky, that doesn't have a screen to clean. the screen style sparkies tend to load up quickly, and need cleaned out often.................

Either way you go, look for a "turbine style" Krizman sparky, that doesn't have a screen to clean. the screen style sparkies tend to load up quickly, and need cleaned out often.................

This is true, however, to remove the screen is two bolts, and some carb or brake cleaner works just fine. I would rather have a krizman style, but the screen is not bad.

The hockey stick is sexy!
after about 30 beers it is :cheers: I want one but am not willing to pay what it takes to get one. They have to be the most quiet silencer you can put on :moon:

I have the EE3 silencer on my 300, but since the SA is not required here, I have it removed, especially for this season. It seems to be as quiet as the hockey stick, and a heck of a lot lighter and more svelte.

On my 125 I have a Pro Circuit shorty that is as quiet as the hockey stick in back-to-back comparisons. I could not believe that such a short can could be so quiet. I still put the hockey stick back on for highway sticker inspections, but I ride with the Pro Circuit most all of the time because it is light and quiet. I also have a couple FMF (not "Q") silencers but they are slightly louder.

I have a Procircuit R-304 (shorty) with the Enduro Engineering endcap. I dont use it to generally ride in the woods, but moto, desert, and during an Enduro its ok. Hockeystick for stealth riding.