Sign in to follow this  

Rotator cuff surgery, question for Dr Mark

Ha my mom is getting surgery on her Rotator cuff done on Tuesday. Her Rotator cuff is almost completely tore from the bone. The Doctors told her she is out for 3 months. So 6 weeks sounds pretty good for you.

i fractured my shoulder, ripped the bicep off the bone and torn the front labrim all on the left side. i had surgery on 10/20 and am pretty good with range now. i started therapy after 2 weeks. i have very limited strength but the range of motion is getting better. 6 month until i can sling a leg over a bike again but at least no more worries of dislocations

It seems that the RC heals best with immobiization for six weeks. I used to start rehab the next day, but I have come to believe that the immobilization plan, as archaic as it sounds works best.

impingment surgery doesnt work so well. If there is even a partial tear it needs repair in an athlete.

My MRI report says that I have " a 15x15 mm full thickness tear of the supraspinatus anterior fibers and infraspinatus." Also "acromioclavicular degenerative hypertrophic qsteophytes, narrowing the bursal surface of the supraspinatus outlet." This injury happened about 2 years ago in a auto accident. I was hoping to avoid surgery, but my shoulder pain is slowly getting worse and things are starting to catch and hang up. I know that MRI's are not 100% accurate, but I wonder how much scar down has happened in the last 2 years. The MRI was done about 1 year after the injury. What do you think Doc?