Sign in to follow this  

who actually races MX

just curious who out there actually races mx? what class do ya race and are you in it to get some where or just for fun?

i will be 35 soon, i raced for many many years as a kid and was at LL's once.i raced 250 c stock and mod while there. i was 16 at the time. i know race for fun in the vet class, and will also race the 250 b class as well this year.. i would say i am a pretty quick b class racer. even with the youngins.

Edited by JayN

I dont race i just ride at tracks and in the woods for fun. I would really love to get into racing, but wont be doing so until after im done wrestling in college (too scared to get hurt and f up my career)

I do race MX. I race +30 class modern MX, an 83 RM 250 in our local vintage series and I also race my modern bike at the local TT races. I am 33 and love it. For me its all about the fun!!!!

thanks. if we could try and keep it on topics about who races. if you don't race please dont respond.i am just trying to get anidea of how many actually race.

thanks

I race the 250 A/pro sport and 450 A/pro sport classes. I'm just in it for fun. It's just a hobby that has gone way too far, and I realize that I'm never going to set the world on fire or make a living racing.

Started racing in 1976 and broke my back in my 1st A race in 1981....started up again in 82 and raced my 1st 500 Pro national in 84....retired and came back in 1990 and the district made me start over in C class. Raced Loretta Lynns in 250 C stock & mod that year.....broken finger from 1st turn crash and all....have retired a couple times after that but I always keep coming back andI race in B class. Depending on what classes are avail I run in 30+ 35+ 40+ and 45+ Mini O's next year I will race in the 50+ class.

I race Hare Scrambles and Enduros in 200-B, and I occasionally do some motocross races here and there.

In motocross I usually just ride 250-B or whatever other class seems like a good choice lol

I race 250C now known as "lites C"in the AMA events but at the local events I try to make it fair for the local guys and run their "B" class so they have an equal race because I usually walk away with their C class and I personally like the competition of racing with faster racers. I'm not always in it for a trophy. I feel better at the end of the day knowing I worked hard for my mid pack finish rather than chocking up a sandbagged trophy.

I race for fun. I'm not really consistent with races anymore. I used to do the whole D5 series, but not I do random races. Just depends on the season I guess.

having fun....25+, 30+. 35+ and if i feel frisky I race with the kids...125a....hopefully next year 40+

MX2 Junior ©, and Youth. Next year I hope to be doing MX1 and MX2 Junior. I bought a 09 450 and hope I will be able to keep my 250F and do both concentrating on the 450 class. I race for fun.

I race some MX. About three years now. At 46 I would have to say that I am not too serious on the track. I race MX more to test my skills. I will ride vet novice and sometimes 250 beg. Them yutes are pretty crazy. One race I passed the same kid 4 times. He kept crashing. He'd get up and pass me. Crash. Get up and pass me. Crash. I was laughing!!! So I guess I would say that I am racing against myself. I have also met some pretty decent folks at the track.

i race 125 (250, w/e) C.. I wasnt too focused on it last year but im definetly going to be putting a lot more effort into it this year.

I'm 33 and I race a 77 Maico 400 in the open age INT class with our local vintage club. They also have a modern bike class where I race my 06 KX 450 in the open INT class. It's more organized riding than racing. Everyone knows that they have to work on Monday. Still fun though. Seems like you can always find someone that is about your speed to battle with.

I race the Lites and Mx B, 4 Stroke Open, 30 40 45 50 Open, and 2 stroke only class when available. Next year I'll race the Whitney Spring Classic again, but will skip Ponca and LL, and try and make it to the Vet Nats in Cali.

I originally wanted to get decently fast before I started racing but that hasn't happened yet:bonk: So I've been riding 1 and a half years and have only raced 3 times. I go to the track once a week though and will do some more races this coming season.

District 15 for almost two decades. 90+% of my life on a motorcycle has been on race day. 250's, 450's, 14-24's, depends on how I feel that day what combo I'll do. Planning on growing a pair and moving to the A class this year after graduating college.

d11 an d12 i race open-b an 16-24 i race both mx an here the last year have got into some gp's they are like a really long mx ive been racing since i was 9 before that i raced go karts

I race vintage MX (bikes are pre 1975), the 50+ B class. Also Vintage flattrack 600 Sportsman class.