Sign in to follow this  

Husky shop in Denver?

Just moved here, need to find out where to go for parts. Blinker pot disappeared on my '07 TE 450. Also, any suggestions on D.O.T. knobblys?

I did a lot of research before buying DOT tires and I found that Dunlop D606 for the back and a Pirelli MT21 for the front were very popular so that's what I use. They work good for me but everyone has there own opinions. As far as local dealers, there are 3 in Colorado, one in Grand Junction, another in Pueblo West, and the one closest to you, Northern Colorado BMW/Ducati at 6002 Byrd Dr. Loveland CO 80538.

I love my MT43 rear, more traction than any tire ive ever used and just feels like a radial tire on the road. mt21 will be my next front tire when the stock one wears out.

best of all pirelli tires are cheap. mt43 around $65 and suppost to last 2k miles

Kenda K-760 Trackmaster is DOT legal. I have not used them on pavement, but the rear works great off-road and wears really well. I have heard the front kinda sucks, but I have not tried it.

Thanks for the tire input. I'm gonna be commuting about 30mi a day on tarmac, but not having dirt traction is out of the question. I liked the Michelins that came stock. haven't seen them since. BMWs, Ducatis and Huskys all in one shop, how cool is that?

Totally uncool. I got my bike there, and have been trying to deal with them for a while now. They are great to deal with until you sign on the line, then everything went downhill for me. My bike has been at their shop (or down in my garage waiting parts) for probably around 5 months, and I have had it less than a year, just now getting to 4500 miles. Go anywhere else if you can.

Thanks for the tire input. I'm gonna be commuting about 30mi a day on tarmac, but not having dirt traction is out of the question. I liked the Michelins that came stock. haven't seen them since. BMWs, Ducatis and Huskys all in one shop, how cool is that?

I too like 606's and the MT43 on my 610. The 43 sucks in muck and mud though. Everything else it rocks. The 606 is better in mud, but the 43 blows it away in grass, gravel roads, and wet rocks and such. SOME people don't like the 606 on pavement so much. I have no problem with it though. The 43 is pretty good on road, def better than the 606. I can't get more than 1,200 miles no matter what rear tire I try though. Pretty much a rear tire with every oil change for me.

Totally uncool. I got my bike there, and have been trying to deal with them for a while now. They are great to deal with until you sign on the line, then everything went downhill for me. My bike has been at their shop (or down in my garage waiting parts) for probably around 5 months, and I have had it less than a year, just now getting to 4500 miles. Go anywhere else if you can.

what year, model ect is your bike, and what issue have been having?

Its an 08 SM610, and in the first 2 weeks I had it (approx) the rear shock blew. Not a big blowout, but... So I didn't ride it for a while, then I figured what the hell. So I rode it to work, (I told the dealer about my shock, they told me they would have one on the way) got to work, and checked the shock because it didn't feel right. The bolt that holds the swing arm had come out. O-U-T out. It had caught on the last 3/4" of threads because it had gotten cock-eyed in the swingarm and couldn't come out and farther. When I found it, the bolt had been sheared about 1/4 of the way through. I had my wife bring the pickup and I loaded it up, took it to the shop and left it for the last of the 3 or 4 months.

Oh, I forgot to mention the 3rd day I had it (after all my short shake down miles) I got about 30 miles from the house and the thing died- they had hooked the charging system up wrong and it was dead. Tried to push start it for a couple of hours, then gave up and called the wife with the pickup again.

I checked the valves and the inspection hole is now leaking like a siv, even though I re-took everything off and put silicone around the gaskets.

Motor mount broke, and I've been waiting a month on it now, finally had someone fab up a new one. Half of the bolts have already fallen out, the rest have to be baby sit, the hose clamps are a JOKE, and maintenance is ridiculous when you compare it to a DR-Z. And I have ridden with DR-Zs, and they had very little problems keeping up with me from around 4000 rpm up. And its not because they were a better rider- it was a straight line with very little skill involved.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but how much should I put up with on a bike that has less than 5k miles on it? I put 9k on my dr-z in less than a year and all I did was change the oil and put gas in it. I guess I have had several people ooh and ahh at the bike, but remember- people can only do that when the bike is stationary.

That is why I won't buy also. I would prefer a Husky, but will be buying a KTM because of Rodger @ Elite Motors in Loveland. Class act.

Its an 08 SM610, and in the first 2 weeks I had it (approx) the rear shock blew. Not a big blowout, but... So I didn't ride it for a while, then I figured what the hell. So I rode it to work, (I told the dealer about my shock, they told me they would have one on the way) got to work, and checked the shock because it didn't feel right. The bolt that holds the swing arm had come out. O-U-T out. It had caught on the last 3/4" of threads because it had gotten cock-eyed in the swingarm and couldn't come out and farther. When I found it, the bolt had been sheared about 1/4 of the way through. I had my wife bring the pickup and I loaded it up, took it to the shop and left it for the last of the 3 or 4 months.

Oh, I forgot to mention the 3rd day I had it (after all my short shake down miles) I got about 30 miles from the house and the thing died- they had hooked the charging system up wrong and it was dead. Tried to push start it for a couple of hours, then gave up and called the wife with the pickup again.

I checked the valves and the inspection hole is now leaking like a siv, even though I re-took everything off and put silicone around the gaskets.

Motor mount broke, and I've been waiting a month on it now, finally had someone fab up a new one. Half of the bolts have already fallen out, the rest have to be baby sit, the hose clamps are a JOKE, and maintenance is ridiculous when you compare it to a DR-Z. And I have ridden with DR-Zs, and they had very little problems keeping up with me from around 4000 rpm up. And its not because they were a better rider- it was a straight line with very little skill involved.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but how much should I put up with on a bike that has less than 5k miles on it? I put 9k on my dr-z in less than a year and all I did was change the oil and put gas in it. I guess I have had several people ooh and ahh at the bike, but remember- people can only do that when the bike is stationary.

thanks for the imput, i can assure you the issues arent with that dealer, they have went above and beyond for m, on older bikes that they have no idea about, iv held some hands, and helped them with my parts ordering, Husky has back ordered a few silly parts like O rings and gaskets, but i got them from Halls..

its been my experiance its at the suppliers level..

sounds like a little quality control is needed, i hope Husky gets this right..

i keep hearing these type of issues, nothing real bad, just little stuff that needs to be delt with..

keep us in tuned with the outcome..

i think things are going to get better, some additudes need to change first.

George has tried to help these guys. Not sure how it's been going lately. I stopped by their shop when I was in CO a year or so ago and they seemed very friendly. I think they just lacked specific knowledge of the product.

George has tried to help these guys. Not sure how it's been going lately. I stopped by their shop when I was in CO a year or so ago and they seemed very friendly. I think they just lacked specific knowledge of the product.

i agree to a point, the parts manager is a great guy, races a Husky himself.

i think the Service end is ok, but would avoid using them on pre 05 Huskys.

i asked if they had a case spliter for the 02 and earlier model 4 stroke, and the guy said,, aaaaah i think so...hmmm, i know every tool in my box.

i had them try and help me with an issue on a 03 model,

trying to get Husky to call ne direct was a joke, i talked to a guy with a Scott accent on the phone that was said to be the head guy at Husky now,

dont remember his name, but he had a less then positive additude.

he really didnt care about what was being said.

basicly told me they wernt dealing with any Husqvarnas older then 2005.

and had no plans on keeping up with older parts, as soon as the older parts inventory was gone, it was gone.

as for the parts ordering issues, thats some of with customs, Husky, and the export/import people.

ill bet if you called another dealer that has a stock of parts, you may get what you need.

id bet that Up-Tite, Halls, or Motoxotica has the parts you have in stock, and can get them to Colorado Euro, in a couple days..

i think this Dealer is trying hard, but hands are tied on a few issues.

the owner of the dealership called me, and asked what was going on,

and i told him, he pretty much agreed, but only so much he could do.

years ago, when that dealer was in Loveland main street they delt with Ducati, MV, and Husky..they carried Huskys for a couple years, and stopped do to frustration with MV, and Cagiva..

now they are at least giving it a good try.

That is why I won't buy also. I would prefer a Husky, but will be buying a KTM because of Rodger @ Elite Motors in Loveland. Class act.

Yeah Elite is great as long as you don't mind paying an extra grand for a bike. Rodger is a good guy though. Brad.

Sorry to hear about that horror story, Redhotz. I still haven't gotten around to see that shop yet. Sounds like some hasty assembly work. I'll be sure to double check everything again on my bike. Fortunately for me I dealt with Cycles and Gear in Reno. Bike has worked flawlessly since day 1, and it outperforms 525s no problem (gearbox I think or maybe the rider).

{in my old guy voice} baaack in the old days when Huskys were hand built, by men, and started in the mans side,

they gave you a great owners manual, and it went over a long list of things to check and tighten before you ever tossed a legg over the seat..

seems they missed that one.

Oh well - Despite what I said in an earlier post, I bought a used "07" TE610 today. I pick it up Saturday.:moon:

Ordered the new tyres today, Pirelli mt48 rear and Kenda k776 front. Let you know how I like them. Still haven't found a blinker relay. Also in the market for a new kickstand, tired of repairing the stock pos.