Sign in to follow this  

anybody got the 2010 kx250f yet

just wondering if anyone has got one yet thinking about getting rid of my 06 for one wanna know what you guys think about them.

Ive had mine about 2 months now and I love it. Its even better than the 09.

Picked up a new one this week, awesome! The 08 was good the 09 was better and the 10 is a touch better again, best bang for the buck out of the box.

I have an '09 and test-rode a 2010 yesterday. It is a LOT faster and I loved it!

Now I have a problem. I was perfectly happy with my bike and now I want the 10.

gotta love marketing....

It won MXA's shootout as well, just over the KTM.

Seems like a good bike although they I keep reading in magazines that it feels outdated compared to the other bikes?

It was all new in 2009. I guess they just need SOMETHING to bitch about.

How can it be that much faster when it's the same exact bike?

Marketing? What does test-riding a bike have to do with marketing? :moon:

his point was not about test riding, it was about the fact that they make the newer bike just a slight bit better, so that the consumer has a greater want for the newer bike.

his point was not about test riding, it was about the fact that they make the newer bike just a slight bit better, so that the consumer has a greater want for the newer bike.

Oh, I see. Well in that case, they did a great job of marketing because I can't stop thinking about how much I liked that ride. On the down side, the forks had some mid-stroke harshness that would need to be addressed, but I usually get my suspension revalved anyway.

By the way, I was wearing a Go Pro HD helmet cam; here is the video:

http://www.vimeo.com/8402417

new engine parts:crankshaft,cilinder,piston,exh.camshaft,exhaust,ignition!!!!!!!!

That article just proves the changes are not worth the extra $$$ for a 2010. A slightly different piston and slightly different transmission isn't going to make much of a difference.

well u may not feel the difference, but some of the most respected motocross magazines in the world obviously do. and a few suscribers to his thread that have the bike can vouch for that too. how would u know if there's no difference if you've never ridden it?

My only gripe about the 010 is they took away the radiator braces :banghead:Why?

well u may not feel the difference, but some of the most respected motocross magazines in the world obviously do. and a few suscribers to his thread that have the bike can vouch for that too. how would u know if there's no difference if you've never ridden it?

Yea because they're paid to say how good it is.

Yea because they're paid to say how good it is.

maybe the magazines, but the motorcycle enthusiasts that said it was better earlier in the thread are certaintly not paid to tell u the bike is good. and IMO, a fellow racer is a better reference to bike tech than a magazine.

My only gripe about the 010 is they took away the radiator braces :banghead:Why?

They claim the rads are new and thicker and don´t need the brace anymore...