And speaking of that:

Where'll it be boys...???

So far, seats are reserved for:

Matt

Shawn

Paul

Myself

ALWAYS room for lots more !

I may be game for that depending on where and when. I know I'm new here but this is the only site I've found that has real minnesota riders, so I'll be sticking around. I wouldn't mind getting to know you guys and or girls. My name is Eric BTW.

I may be game for that depending on where and when. I know I'm new here but this is the only site I've found that has real minnesota riders, so I'll be sticking around. I wouldn't mind getting to know you guys and or girls. My name is Eric BTW.

Love to have you join us Eric !

We have met at Joey Sensors at 35W and Hwy 36, Buffalo Wild Wings in Maplewood, Ridgedale and Coon Rapids, and Jimmy's at County E and 35E (just north of 694).

We'll iron out the details here.

BTW, I cannot vouch for anybody else, but I am definitely a guy !!! :moon:

So far, seats are reserved for:

Matt

Shawn

Paul

Eric

Robert

Myself

What day will work best?

>> Any of them work for me.

Location?

>> any of them work for me

Jimmy's has two-for-one happy hour if interested, 4pm - 6:30pm, 8pm > 10pm

Food is OK

BWW has decent food, beers are pricey

Sensors

The food was decent I remember...

Monday the 28th is out for me. I vote for Tuesday or Wed at Jimmy's or Sensors.

I will second that vote, Sir !

I may be interested if it's not too far on the east side. (I live in New Hope).

But humor me with a dumb question, what do you do at these gatherings? Just drink? Bench race? a combination? I'm not a HUGE drinker. I'd like to meet more of the Mn. riders and I see Mn_Kevin will make me feel "not so old". (Sorry kevin) What time do you usually have these things?

Thanks.

But humor me with a dumb question, what do you do at these gatherings? Just drink? Bench race? a combination? I'm not a HUGE drinker. I'd like to meet more of the Mn. riders and I see Mn_Kevin will make me feel "not so old". (Sorry kevin) What time do you usually have these things?

Thanks.

One of us is the designated "Pusher". He's the guy that loads each of us into a Walmart grocery cart (usually around 2:30am) and dumps us near our parked vehicle. Or, if you are like me, I usually get thrown through a window after taking on the bouncer or something ! :moon:

Actually you would be shocked as the conversation is always about riding, always. It may be races, trails, suspension, whatever. Put it this way: Any significant other would get quite bored!!!

At these larger gatherings, I never recall anyone drinking too much. Soda (I stopped calling it "pop" when I lived in New England for 10+ years) & water are typical. I will have a Sam Adams or two.

The big thing is you get to meet new riding buds, hear of new riding areas, etc. We have planned riding events during these "gatherings" too.

Bottom line it puts a face to a name, and breaks the ice.

The ONLY guys I ride with I met through Thumpertalk.

I drove from 694 and Hwy 61 (further than Jimmy's) to Maple Grove shopping extravaganza in 20 minutes, albeit NOT during rush hour.

It would be a shame if you did not make it.

I work wicked close to (the centralized area in which we usually gather). I plan on working until the designated time, and stumble into the place. I can be there as early as 2pm or 6pm, whatever works out best.

I'd think about joining you guys, but I'm a little younger... So I'll just stay home and hopefully have fun riding in this blizzard.:moon:

No blizzard next week AFTER Christmas ! I thought I heard of an Indian Summer SOMEWHERE...???

No blizzard next week AFTER Christmas ! I thought I heard of an Indian Summer SOMEWHERE...???

That would be awesome, but I was planning on making a snow riding video through my trails within the next week or two anyway.:moon:

Thanks.

I'll be coming from Hopkins!

So, Kevin, does that mean the shopping cart thing is cancelled? Anyway, I can't make the 29th. -a prior appointment. If I don't make it this time, i WILL hit one in the near future.

Thanks.

Drink, tell lies, drink, eat like a glutton, drink, talk shit about those who didn't make it, drink, and make plans for summer riding events.

Did I mention drink?

...talk shit about those who didn't make it...

Especially those guys that swear up and down they'll make, complain about who cannot, then don't show up at all.

Especially those guys that swear up and down they'll make, complain about who cannot, then don't show up at all.

Are we talking about riding or drinking? :moon:

Yeah, I really hate it when 20+ people all say they're gonna show up for a group ride and then the night before, everyone but TWO bail because "they might get dirty".

In my defense, I'm not 15 from the cities.......(thank god).....to most of the gatherings, it's a 90+ minute drive for me.

Any verdict on the date and place? (Tuesday at Jimmy's - hint hint)

That's it !!

THE DECISION has been made.

Works for me !

Oh yeah...What time ?

? Shawn

? Matt

? Paul

? Robert

One of us will have to wear the hula skirt and 4 foot sombrero so Eric can recognize us (really you, Matt ! )