Sign in to follow this  

04-07 Interchangable parts?

I have a '05 CRF250R frame coming for a 500AF conversion and I'm wondering what parts are interchangable from 04-07 for the 250? I ask because I may have to make this a ebay build if I can't find a clean roller and want to make sure what fits what. I know from reading the FAQ's that the side number plates and rear fender are '04-'05 & '06-'07 specific so I'll just buy a UFO set for the '05.

If you can tell me if the following are interchangable, that would be a great help. :moon::smirk:

- Tank

- Triple clamps

- Forks

- Shock

- Shock linkage

- Swingarm

- Airbox

- Front/rear hubs (I'll have Excels laced to them)

- Radiators

- Brakes

- Seat

Really appreciate it guys! :cheers:

I have a '05 CRF250R frame coming for a 500AF conversion and I'm wondering what parts are interchangable from 04-07 for the 250? I ask because I may have to make this a ebay build if I can't find a clean roller and want to make sure what fits what. I know from reading the FAQ's that the side number plates and rear fender are '04-'05 & '06-'07 specific so I'll just buy a UFO set for the '05.

If you can tell me if the following are interchangable, that would be a great help. :moon::smirk:

- Tank

- Triple clamps

- Forks

- Shock

- Shock linkage

- Swingarm

- Airbox

- Front/rear hubs (I'll have Excels laced to them)

- Radiators

- Brakes

- Seat

Really appreciate it guys! :cheers:

All of the parts can fit from 04-09, but the only real change is the subframe. If you use the subframe from an 04/05 bike, then you have to use the 05 exhaust, side panels, air box, and mud flap. Then also vise versa if you use the 06-09 subframe, you must use all of those parts from an 06-09 bike. The triple clamps changed for 08/09, but will still fit the previous models.

All of the parts can fit from 04-09, but the only real change is the subframe. If you use the subframe from an 04/05 bike, then you have to use the 05 exhaust, side panels, air box, and mud flap. Then also vise versa if you use the 06-09 subframe, you must use all of those parts from an 06-09 bike. The triple clamps changed for 08/09, but will still fit the previous models.

Thanks man that's a big help. :moon: One other question, does UFO or anyone else make a regular left side numberplate for those who chose to run single exhaust on the bike? Not a big deal but it would look better with the 500 2-stroke engine in there if the left plate didn't buldge out.

Thanks! :cheers:

Thanks man that's a big help. :moon: One other question, does UFO or anyone else make a regular left side numberplate for those who chose to run single exhaust on the bike? Not a big deal but it would look better with the 500 2-stroke engine in there if the left plate didn't buldge out.

Thanks! :cheers:

I have an 09 CRF 250R with an FMF single on it and it looks great, you don't even notice. No problem :smirk:

I have an 09 CRF 250R with an FMF single on it and it looks great, you don't even notice. No problem :moon:

Sweet! Thanks man. :cheers:

also to add to what chevy said......the 04/05 rear fender will only fit on the 04/05 subframe and same goes for the 06+

When it comes to the rear fender and side number plates, did they just change the mounting points or is one better looking than the other? On airbox better than the other?

IF you go the patr route I have a swingarm (06) and triple tree (06) you can have.

• Like 1

When it comes to the rear fender and side number plates, did they just change the mounting points or is one better looking than the other? On airbox better than the other?

The rear fender looks the same for all years, but in 06 how it mounts changed because of the dual exhaust. The side number plates also changed to fit a muffler on each side. As for looks, it's all personal preference.

IF you go the patr route I have a swingarm (06) and triple tree (06) you can have.

It looks like I will be doing the build that way so, yes, I would love to have those. I'll send you a PM and thank you VERY much!

The rear fender looks the same for all years, but in 06 how it mounts changed because of the dual exhaust. The side number plates also changed to fit a muffler on each side. As for looks, it's all personal preference.

I don't know why but, for whatever reason, I had thought that they were always dual muffler. :cheers: Thanks man. :moon:

Edited by HrcRacing

I got my frame in today and am really pleased with how clean/low-hour it is. Definitely, a good starting point for my 500AF build.

Thanks again everyone! :cheers::moon:

IMG_5538_web.jpg

Big THANK YOU! to CRFPOOR for hooking me up with a swingarm, tank and triple clamps. Really appreciate it bro! :moon:

now, are you gonna powdercoat it? or just polish it up real nice?
i would powdercoat it!

I like the stock look so I'll leave it as-is. No polishing or PC. :moon:

You should do a pictorial as you go. I don't suppose the crf250 thread would be the place for it, but I'd like to check it out. I like that crap