Sign in to follow this  

Bike Won't Start

Hey guys, I've been having battery trouble lately and been charging and it's been going ok, and it would jump start and roll start. Now it won't do anything, I can turn it to on and the dash lights up and works ok, so to me that would say the battery was at least working a little.

The bike will not jump start from a car battery or roll start down a hill and charging won't fix it either, is there something horrible going on elsewhere that I probably don't want to know about, or could it be the battery stopping it from starting??

Will the engine turn over and if so does it have a good spark?

The only thing that happens when I thumb the starter is the headlight flashes, nothing else, no clicks from the battery or anything, haven't checked spark plugs yet, did consider it myself but wasn't sure how hard they'd be to get at.

I would just go buy a new battery if I were you. Make sure your terminal connections are clean and secure, then if it still doesn't work, replace your spark plug and make sure your spark plug wire is connected properly. Check fuses as well.

I would bet it's the battery or battery connections, and you have completely exhausted it.

You could have fried your electrical system jump starting it from a car? The car wasn't started was it?

Battery is prob so dead its sucking up any juice from the stator when u try and bump start. Just replace the battery. you can get them for around $50.

Yeah I jumped it froma car that was started, only put the positive on the battery and put the negative on the frame of the bike, done that for years. Might go n get a new battery then n see how it goes.