So much fun having two in one!

I've been a little bogged down in work, so this brief trip report is a bit late. But I thought I'd share anyway.

In late October I loaded up my KLX, SM and Dirt wheels, and my kayak and set sail for California.

4201679780_3c88741c57_b.jpg

I first went to Arcata to visit my Mother, tear up my child hood home roads, and do some kayaking on the Burnt Ranch section of the Trinity River. It was great!

4200928405_571d269efa_b.jpg

Then it was off to Grass Valley for some amazing riding. Sorry for the lack of "riding" pics. We were having way too much fun making sports cars and superbikes look bad....Supermoto style! :moon:

4201577086_f42ce240b4_b.jpg

I'm happy to report that both the boys on the KTM's didn't break down. They were even able to keep up the whole time. Well, at least on the straights. Man I love my Green DRZ!

This is Will describing what happened when he tried to follow me deeeeeep into a corner. :cheers: He stayed upright at least.

4201579914_1c23073a02_b.jpg

After sending it to Downyville and back. I had to make a quick trip to Mammoth and back for business. Then I headed up to Shasta Lake to do some riding with all my desert friends and family. Great times at Shasta-Chappie riding area for sure! If you haven't been, give it a try. A bit Rocky, but beautiful.

4201582324_ced81d85fd_b.jpg

The views were amazing. You name it, Shasta-Chappie had it. Wide open, flat out roads, steep climbs, single track, river crossings, everything. We even had our 65 yr old ripper enter the Enduro the was going on and take Second in his class. He hasn't raced, or even ridden more than 6 days in 25 + years! Great Job Ed !!!!

4201664572_0d7ef404f8_b.jpg

Love the Views!!!

4201584472_954fdbdf63_b.jpg

Dirt is great, but variety is better!

4201606230_f3e90d65c0_b.jpg

It was time to make the switch back to SM and burn up some Nor Cal pavement for a few hours before heading back north to Hood River, OR and another season of work on the Mountain. Great last moto trip before ski season. Hope you all enjoy your winter!

4201607382_96df7ec7f2_b.jpg

Sounds like good times. In the 3rd pic from the top, I can just make out the road name; Birchville Rd. I was there yesterday. Some nice canyon twisties on the way down to Bridgeport (about 15 min. from my house) Give me a holler next time you're in the area, there's all kinds of great sumo riding spots around Nevada County. Jason

+1 on that kayak pic !

What bike is that Ohlins fork from ?

That's a great question? It was ( obviously ) an after market add on. And a great one at that!!!!! Totally different bike than stock. I want to say it may have been OEM on a early 2000's CRF ? I ordered those white fork guards that way and they fit great.

That's a great question? It was ( obviously ) an after market add on. And a great one at that!!!!! Totally different bike than stock. I want to say it may have been OEM on a early 2000's CRF ? I ordered those white fork guards that way and they fit great.

So what triple clamps did you end up using ?

Do you know the offset ?

Thanks !