Sign in to follow this  

Carb for 50cc beta

I just got an 86 Beta 50cc trials bike for my kid. The bike was from out of state and I am assuming that the carb is jetted for about 2,000 feet...we ride at 7,000 - 9,000 feet. So i looked for jets and they're hard to find for such an old bike.

Anyone know where I can get a new carb that is already jetted for altitude and just swap them out?

I am going to hit up the local dealer on Tuesday, but asking you guys in case there is a better alternative. Thanks.

good luck with that carb,

Bill at Euro sport, should have Delorto jets in stock..

All BS aside, sometimes he comes through.

they do have a website as well.

good luck with that carb,

Bill at Euro sport, should have Delorto jets in stock..

All BS aside, sometimes he comes through.

they do have a website as well.

Cool. Thanks. I'll hit them up tomorrow. If I can't get lucky I may just slap in a new carb....from what i have seen they're not that expensive.

The bike is running ok in 1st...but bogs in 2nd and forget about 3rd.

Thanks again!

is it bogging with you on it?if it is i dont wanna comment any further i mean after all it maybe has 3 ponies if that.has it been ridden at altitude by a kid?do you even need to mess with it?move the needle and the screw is all that is needed.the carb is like a chainsaw carb hell you could probably take a shot of 151 and blow it into the intake make the thing run!if you cant find a main jet or if it even has one drill it out they make drillbits for jets.or on chainsaws you can adjust the mixture by bending a metal metering reed so to speak.so many people get caught up with jetting on their new toys and cause more trouble than needed!my 2 cents,and careful you'll fry that little clutch in minutes and then start a thread about a 50 clutch,some people just set themselves up for abuse welcome to tt and the dealers that will be making money off you!!!!

Edited by FESTER

is it bogging with you on it?if it is i dont wanna comment any further i mean after all it maybe has 3 ponies if that.has it been ridden at altitude?do you even need to mess with it?move the needle and the screw is all that is needed.the carb is like a chainsaw carb hell you could probably take a shot of 151 and blow it into the intake make the thing run!if you cant find a main jet or if it even has one drill it out they make drillbits for jets.or on chainsaws you can adjust the mixture by bending a metal metering reed so to speak.so many people get caught up with jetting on their new toys and cause more trouble than needed!my 2 cents

Thanks. It came from Spokane, WA (2300 feet-ish) and we're at 7,500...I'm def not a carb genius, but i had to re-jet my YZ to ride here and it made all the difference. I'll check on the drill bit deal...cheaper than a new carb.

I did ride the heck out of it...probably almost gave it a heart-attack with my big butt on it...but it was fun.

ita a 50cc 2-stroke ridden by a grown man!!!!!!!!!!!altitude shmaltitude!!!!!

Thanks. It came from Spokane, WA (2300 feet-ish) and we're at 7,500...I'm def not a carb genius, but i had to re-jet my YZ to ride here and it made all the difference. I'll check on the drill bit deal...cheaper than a new carb.

I did ride the heck out of it...probably almost gave it a heart-attack with my big butt on it...but it was fun.

ita a 50cc 2-stroke ridden by a grown man!!!!!!!!!!!altitude shmaltitude!!!!!

LOL. My kid (much smaller than a grown man...thank God) had the issues with it bogging. I just beat it up because i could. :moon: It's gonna be a lot of fun for her when it runs right...I'll keep to my own bike...probably better for me and the beta.

ok the 2-stroke 50's are very finicky,i've found that they run good sometimes and bad others unless its a 4-stroke 50 with good carbs you can make them purr.but do to the fast growth of children and at a beginner level i wouldnt tweak on it too much,example: i was buying my kid boots every 3 months! finally a lite bulb went off? "and by the way they call me fester"?lite bulb?get it?nick at nite?so i started buying the cheap ones and trading with buddies with bigger kids,etc.moral of the story....keep that tiny air filter clean!!!!!!!mix the fuel say????50/1 and remember they dont have enough flywheel"design flaw"so they are what they are!

' i bought the cheapies.and until his nuts drop and he stops growwwwwing he will receive tech10 alpine stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok the 2-stroke 50's are very finicky,i've found that they run good sometimes and bad others unless its a 4-stroke 50 with good carbs you can make them purr.but do to the fast growth of children and at a beginner level i wouldnt tweak on it too much,example: i was buying my kid boots every 3 months! finally a lite bulb went off? "and by the way they call me fester"?lite bulb?get it?nick at nite?so i started buying the cheap ones and trading with buddies with bigger kids,etc.moral of the story....keep that tiny air filter clean!!!!!!!mix the fuel say????50/1 and remember they dont have enough flywheel"design flaw"so they are what they are!

' i bought the cheapies.and until his nuts drop and he stops growwwwwing he will receive tech10 alpine stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All good advice. I know the feeling...my kids are growing a lot faster than my paycheck.