Sign in to follow this  

03 450 exc for sale

I'm thinking of picking up a bike that's for sale locally, but I don't know a whole lot about the KTM's. Are there any known issues with this year or bike? I know KTM's are the best dual sport bikes around. Any information about the bike would be helpful.

Thanks.

go to ktmtalk.com

everything you'll ever need to know about the bike & ktm's exists there:thumbsup:

I have an 03 exc450. Bought it used last season. This summer here is what needed to be done. New valves, piston and rings. Common for a bike of that age.

All depends on the amount it was used, if it was ran alot it will have engine sidecover wear, alot of wear on the side of the frame etc... If it has alot of bare metal, it most likely has alot of run-time, could need alot in this situation. You say ktms are the best dual sport around...... the 450 exc is a dirt bike, it can be plated, and can be used for dual sporting, but to be honest it is not a good dual sport bike, it requires alot of maintenance, and it was not purpose built to be on the street. They need valve adjustments every 15 hours, they need oil changes every 8 hours, they run hot when they are not being ran fast enought to spin the waterpump, long red lights will have it puking radiator fluid. If you plan on a fair amount of street riding or commuting, you should find another bike, I love my KTM's, but they are not good dual sports for street time.

I run my 03 on the street all the time. Valve checks are not hard and take about 45 min. Oil change about half hour. I have a seperate set of rims with dual sport dot tires so it makes it more legal and rides smoother. Bike is a blast on the street. Also a suspension tune/revalve for your style and weight is a must for this bike. Makes it 100% better