wr & yz prices

I've seen a few posts asking about prices. There is a dealer (www.yamahadiscountprices.com)in Mississippi that has extremely low, out the door prices. It's called Lake Hill Motors and they claim they're the worlds largest honda dealer. They also sell Yamaha's. the prices on their web page show 2000 prices but I was quoted the same prices for the 2001 models. That's $5299 for a YZ 250, $5399 for the wr or yz 426's. That's the out the door prices if your not from Mississippi. They don't charge sales tax to out of state buyers.

I put a $200 deposit on a yz 250 but am still considering the 426 or a cr 250 ($5199 out the door.) A dealer in Atlanta quoted me $6400 for the cr 250. The dealer is located in extreme northeast Mississippi, probably about a 5 or 6 hour drive for me (Atlanta). The only problem i see is if I have problems with the bike. I don't know how the dealers around here would treat me, if they saw the bike was bought out of state.

I hope this helps somebody save some cash. I have no info on how the dealer treats customers. Now all I have to do is make up my mind on which bike to buy.

Buying dirtbikes out of state seems to be the thing to do. Unless of course you have to register the bike in your home state (and pay the sales tax). I bought my bike in the next state over (4) hours away. I also paid $5400 out the door. I had two dealers offer me that price in Indiana, but the closest price anywhere in Illinois would be $6400.... The dealer around your area should treat you like anyone else. I know some dealers play favorites if you bought it from them, but they are entitled to service your bike if it is a warranty issue. Just like a car from one dealer to the next. If it is a Yahmaha dealer, they will work on it.

Hope this helps.

Tim

[This message has been edited by Tim (edited 09-29-2000).]

HEY GO FOR THE BEST DEAL. MORE THAN LIKELY EVEN IF YOU BOUGHT IT OFF THE DEALER THAT YOU WAS TAKING IT BACK TO FOR REPAIRS THEY WOULD STILL GIVE YOU A HARD TIME. I BUY ALL MY BIKE OUT OF STATE. I HAVE GOT PRETTY GOOD DEALS THAT WAY. I CANT SEE HOW SOME STAY IN BUSINESS THEY TRY TO MAKE A YEARS SALARY ON ONE COSTOMER INSTEAD OF MAKING A LITTLE ON A BUNCH OF PEOPLE THAT WOULD COME BACK HAPPY FOR PARTS OR SERVICE. I WISH ALL THE BAD DEALERS WOULD GO OUT OF BUSINESS BUT THE WAY THEY SEE SOME DUMMY WILL BUY IT FOR THAT. THEY ARE RIGHT TO . SO IT IS OUR FALT FOR THE CRAPY DEALERS AND IF WE ALL WOULD GET SMART AND STICK TOGETHER AND THEN WE COULD PUT THESE CROOKS OUT OF BUSINESS AND EVERY BODY COULD GET A FAIR DEAL.