2010/2011 YZ450 Owner EFI & Timing Map Database

grayracer513

User Posted Fuel and Ignition Maps for the 2010 YZ450F

MAPPING INFORMATION: Having a EFI or timing problem, or think your bike is a little off? Search the links below for maps used by TT members in the same conditions and altitudes you ride. If your custom map works for you, post it there to help others.

READ BEFORE POSTING!: These threads are intended to be used as a reference collection of maps used by members ONLY. Please use the provided template below, and post only the maps you currently use, or have actually used, along with any pertinent comments.

DO NOT POST QUESTIONS OR DISCUSSIONS in this thread about the information posted here. If you want to talk about anything you see here, please do so in a new or current thread on the topic and use a link to the particular post you wish to discuss. Posts not complying with this format will be removed without comment.

NOTICE:The people who post here are of all skill levels, both as riders and as tuners. This information is only intended to let you see what others are using, and cannot be taken to mean that the information is accurate, will apply to your situation, or even that the poster's bike runs right with the posted setup. Use it as a guide/starting point only, and look at as many relevant postings as you can before proceeding.

Post your maps using the template below (copy and paste to your post) and please be as complete as you can. In the Comments section please include any modifications you feel will have a bearing on the mapping, such as cams, exhaust systems, etc., and how well you think it runs with the setup.

Here is a link to the instruction manual for the tuner:

http://www.mcnews.com.au/Testing/Yamaha/2010_YZ450F/YZ450F_Tuner_Manual.pdf

Year Model:
Posting or Edit Revision Date:
Pipe/muffler:
Significant Mods (cams, etc.):
Altitude Range:
Temp Range:
Humidity Range:
Type of Use (Track, Trail, Desert, etc.)

Fuel Injection (FI)
X X X
X X X
X X X
Ignition (IG)
X X X
X X X
X X X

Comments:

I pulled below off an internet site however it probably confused me more because current map on bike was 0's in all areas. Agian any help would be appreciated...
NOTE: these settings are said to originate from a Technician's Tuner Manual from Yamaha

~GR

"Setting for improved drivability

For riding in slippery conditions, such as on hard packed dirt or wet surfaces. This setting provides easier throttle work that can be experienced not only by experts but a wide range of YZ450F users."

Fuel Injection (FI)

-4 +4 -4

-4 +4 -4

-4 +4 -4

Ignition (IG)

+2 -5 +2

+2 -5 +2

+2 -5 +2

"Setting for improved response"

"This setting is suited for a linear engine response to throttle work when riding on dirt with good traction or on high-load sand courses. This setting helps to achieve faster engine revving up through the rpm range for owners who want to ride more aggressively."

Fuel Injection (FI)

-2 -4 -4

-2 -4 -4

-2 -2 -2

Ignition (IG)

+3 +2 +2

+3 +3 +2

+3 +3 +3

Feedback on (1) Drivability: it was a weird sensation because the motor reving in the low part of the rev but didn't get drive until the mid when it kicked but power tapered off really quickly.

Feedback on (2) Improved Response: seemed to be more snappy particularly low to mid but again lacked top end. I did not like this map at all...

• Like 1

From MXA:

"Broad Power Band"

Fuel Injection (FI)

+5 +5 0

+5 +7 +1

+5 +7 +2

Ignition (IG)

0 0 0

0 -5 0

-5 -4 0

Comments (by MXA): Longer power band feel with smoother delivery and less low to mid hit

"Less Hit"

Fuel Injection (FI)

+0 0 0

+2 0 0

+4 0 0

Ignition (IG)

+0 0 0

-1 0 0

-3 0 0

Comments (by MXA): removes the irritating bark at low rpm

heres a map i got from another rider use at your own risk

it is a slow map and has very even power delivery thru rev range good traction this seem to be the most melow so far tryed the maps from the posts above

Year Model:yz450f 2010

Posting or Edit Revision Date:3/1/10

Pipe/muffler:stock

Significant Mods (cams, etc.):stock

Altitude Range:approx 200m

Temp Range:approx 28 degrees c

Humidity Range:unknown low

Type of Use (Track, Trail, Desert, etc.)mx

Fuel Injection (FI)

-3-4-4

+4+4-4

+4+4-3

Ignition (IG)

-3-3-3

-3-3 0

-3-3-3

• Like 1

"Woods Map" originally posted by Directmotocross.com

http://www.directmotocross.com/news/features/2009/12/real-life-hottest-chick-class-2010-yz450f

Year Model: 2010 YZ450

Posting or Edit Revision Date: 1/7/10

Pipe/muffler: Stock

Significant Mods (cams, etc.):None

Altitude Range: unknown

Temp Range: unknown

Humidity Range: unknown

Type of Use (Track, Trail, Desert, etc.) Woods racing

Fuel Injection (FI)

+4 +4 -3

+4 +4 -4

-3 -4 -4

Ignition (IG)

-3 -3 -3

-3 -3 -0

-3 -3 -3

Comments: (from the article) "Set up like this she was still no fluffy trail bike but she didn’t stall, started first kick and had a very effective woods racing powerband. Low-end power had less hit, mid range transition was smoother and top end just a tad weaker than stock. No longer did the flywheel feel too light or the gearing seem too tall for aggressive woods racing. If you have a YZF and want to race off-road, or even on a slippery or really gnarly motocross track, these settings will help a whole bunch."

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Glad I was snowed in and off of work today, this took some doing. These maps are straight from Yamaha, they just released them and thought they would be helpful IF you were one of the lucky people with a bike and Power Tuner.

SUGGESTED BASELINE SETTINGS - 2010 YZ450F

These settings are a general starting point; many factors will affect settings, including rider preference,

accessory modification, track and atmospheric conditions.

GYTR Ported Head, Exhaust, Piston and Camshafts

Fuel

+2 +2 +2

+1 +1 +2

+1 +2 +2

Ignition

+1 +3 +3

+1 +2 +1

0 0 0

VP® U4.2™ Fuel

GYTR Exhaust, Piston and Camshafts

Fuel RPM Ignition RPM

Fuel

+1 +1 +1

0 0 +1

0 +1 +1

Ignition

+3 +3 +3

+2 +3 +2

+1 +1 +1

VP® U4.2™ Fuel

GYTR or Stock Exhaust

Sharp throttle response; more overall power

Fuel

-2 -4 -4

-2 -4 -4

-2 -2 -2

Ignition

+3 +2 +2

+3 +3 +2

+3 +3 +3

Premium Pump Gas

Less hit feeling at low RPM

Fuel

0 0 0

+2 0 0

+4 0 0

Ignition

0 0 0

-1 0 0

-5 0 0

Premium Pump Gas

Throttle response more gradual; good for slippery conditions

Fuel

-4 +4 -4

-4 +4 -4

-4 +4 -4

Ignition

+2 -5 +2

+2 -5 +2

+2 -5 +2

Premium Pump Gas

Gradual response; very long, smooth power delivery

Fuel

+5 +5 0

+5 +7 +1

+5 +7 +2

Ignition

0 0 0

0 -5 0

-3 -4 0

Premium Pump Gas

GYTR® Ported Cylinder Head Assembly (with Camshafts) 33D-E11B0-V0-00

GYTR® Stainless Steel Exhaust System 33D-E46D0-V0-00

GYTR® High Compression Piston Kit 33D-E16A0-V0-00

10_yz450f_PowerTunerChart 1 .txt

Edited by mxracer206
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Race Map (Jay Marmont)

TP FI

4/4 -1 +3 -2

1/2 +3 +4 -3

1/4 -2 -3 -2

TP IG

4/4 +2 +2 +2

1/2 +2 +4 +2

1/4 +2 +4 +4

Very aggressive map. Also suits the DRD pipe also.

Currently running this one on a standard pipe. For fast mx tracks its highly recommended.

Fuel Injection (FI)

+2+4+7

+0+2+4

-2+0+2

Ignition (IG)

i keep +0 all in sand or +1 all if im hardpack.

This map worked great I used +1 on ig I tried the Jay marmount map and it took away too much low-end maybe with lower gearing it would work better. My bike was bone stock

• 4 months later...

any body actually looked at the fueling on any of these maps with a wideband a/f meter?

i think you would be suprised as to what you see.

9 cells for fuel isnt enough to correct the a/f ratio. you can get them close but its compromise when you are dealing with thousands of rpm in 1 cell.

in order to fully correct the fueling you need to use the powercommander 5 or similiar.

the gytr tuner will suffice for ignition.

just some thoughts.

i have maps for the gytr but they were done with my ported head and a modded throttle body so they arent really relevant to most people.

sorry for the intrusion,back to your regularly scheduled database.

stupid question but is the stock map all zeros i kinda like how the bike rides but wanna be able to go back easily to stock if i dont like the others

FI

IG

is that stock

thanks all this is stupid i know but im a 2stroke dude haha

That is stock

• 1 month later...
Race Map (Jay Marmont)

TP FI

4/4 -1 +3 -2

1/2 +3 +4 -3

1/4 -2 -3 -2

TP IG

4/4 +2 +2 +2

1/2 +2 +4 +2

1/4 +2 +4 +4

Wow, this map is simply amazing! The bike is hauling even more ass now, power throughout is improved on this one!!!

Was kind of worried the advanced timing and the leaning of the fuel might over heat the bike quicker but I had no issues in the sticks.

5/5 IMO

• 10 months later...

Fuel

+1-1-1

+2 0+6

+2+1+1

Ignition

+3+2+2

+3+3+2

+4+4+4

Enter it as you see it. Skotten has got things upside down. Just enter the numbers into the programmer the way you see them on the screen...very straight forward.

This map is very smooth and linear, very easy throttle control but when you need power just twist the wrist and she revs out big time. I am very impressed with this map! Big change over stock.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Race Map (Jay Marmont)

TP FI

4/4 -1 +3 -2

1/2 +3 +4 -3

1/4 -2 -3 -2

TP IG

4/4 +2 +2 +2

1/2 +2 +4 +2

1/4 +2 +4 +4

I rate this map 5/5. After riding with a map on the track, I must say this is an excellent map. It has turned my bike into a rocket. I noticed that the gears are a bit longer between shifts, and bike bike just pulls and is crazy fast. I will be using this one next year racing for sure.

I would recommend this to fellow YZ450F owners that are looking for a great map.

Great job on the map!

I rate this map 5/5. After riding with a map on the track, I must say this is an excellent map. It has turned my bike into a rocket. I noticed that the gears are a bit longer between shifts, and bike bike just pulls and is crazy fast. I will be using this one next year racing for sure.

I would recommend this to fellow YZ450F owners that are looking for a great map.

Great job on the map!

I hated this map. It falls off to much on tighter tracks. On a wide open track it is ok.

GYTR or Stock Exhaust

Sharp throttle response; more overall power

Fuel

-2 -4 -4

-2 -4 -4

-2 -2 -2

Ignition

+3 +2 +2

+3 +3 +2

+3 +3 +3

Premium Pump Gas

I tried this one from the race one that i also tried. I prefer the sharp throttle response, and the bike gets up and goes quick. I also noticed that it does take less gas than the racing map on here.

Overall I really like it. I also have the GYTR exhaust.

• 1 month later...