Where do you find the value of a Street legal dirt bike?

I was thinking of selling my Yamaha wr450F 2005 bike. It is California street legal and i just renewed the registration. I has the baja designs kit that makes it a dual sport.

I know how to get a normal guesstimate of what it is worth however this is the holly grail for those people that want to flip the bird at leo when riding.

I have to say its wonderful for leo to pull you over and they grab their ticket book because no green sticker is seen then i just calmly point to the rear of my bike and smile.

It has been legal for about 2-3 years now. I have the pink and have never been hassled and have rode it a few times around town.

So where do I find the added premium value that a PLATE adds to a dirt bike in cali?

http://www.nadaguides.com/SectionHome.aspx?LI=1-28-0-5000-502-565-50214&l=1&w=23&p=0&f=5600

Or try NADA. They have reasonable prices I feel. Get the value of the bike then ad on some money for the street legal kit

If someone went to finance the loan, the bank will go by the NADA value, not the KBB value.

The bike alone should be worth $3000-3500 depending on condition. I would say $4000-4500 at most. Then again, you might luck out and find a moron that is willing to pay top dollar.

If someone went to finance the loan, the bank will go by the NADA value, not the KBB value.

The bike alone should be worth $3000-3500 depending on condition. I would say $4000-4500 at most. Then again, you might luck out and find a moron that is willing to pay top dollar.

nada cannot value a street legal dirt bike, they only value the dirt bike without plates

my xr400 has plates, nada says 1100 $, they go for 2500-2800 here plated, because you cant get them with plates here.

Bottom line, your not just paying for the bike, your paying for a transferable title with license plate, personally I would hang onto the bike, as it's gotten so hard to get them out there

I was thinking of selling my Yamaha wr450F 2005 bike. It is California street legal and i just renewed the registration. I has the baja designs kit that makes it a dual sport.

I know how to get a normal guesstimate of what it is worth however this is the holly grail for those people that want to flip the bird at leo when riding.

I have to say its wonderful for leo to pull you over and they grab their ticket book because no green sticker is seen then i just calmly point to the rear of my bike and smile.

It has been legal for about 2-3 years now. I have the pink and have never been hassled and have rode it a few times around town.

So where do I find the added premium value that a PLATE adds to a dirt bike in cali?

Your bike dose have added value. I would price you bike at A+ condition. The first question is did a dealer plate it or did you.

i did the plating.

CA plated bikes are worth quite a bit more then normal dirt bikes in CA (plated dirt bikes from other states are not allowed last I checked).

This bike has been plated for a few years.

I just paid for the renewal again for its 3rd year,

It has the lights (i should say i have the lights in a box now)

It has the mirror and such and when I took it to the DMV they checked off the box that said it had an emissions sticker (impossible to do these days) and I had the dealer (baja designs) sign the necessary paperwork the DMV needed. So I don't forsee being flagged by the DMV/CARB like all the dealer plated bikes were.

Now i do know KTM made a few street legal dirt bikes and they are still holding their value. Suzuki also made the DRZ and I beleive they are doing ok on value. I also know NADA and Kelly could never come up with a price on this. Last I recall a few years back was that the plate added $1,000 to $1,500 premium. If this is still the case I guesstimate that I should go at $5,500-$5,300 and let someone negotiate.