Sign in to follow this  

What is a pulser wire clip?

I posted in the Honda forums, but nobody has answered yet, and I really need to place an order. I am trying to order all the OEM parts needed to install a case saver on my 01 CR250. Here is the issue.

When I choose the left crankcase cover on the OEM charts, it shows that the bike has a Pulser Wire Clip (OEM SKU:32925-958-000) as part of the case guard (saver). What on Earth does this part do, and does it have anything to do with the case saver? Thanks

I usually don't reply unless I can help in some way, but I'll try. I think a pulser may have something to do with a speed sensor. The "pulser" may deliver a speed signal to the ignitin box for timing control. Sorry that's the best I got. Maybe someone else will chime in.

• Like 1

I had (have in pieces) a CR250 and there is no sensor at all on mine(external).Looks like a normal setup to me.Maybe a quirky microfiche?Sounds like a part to the internal stator to me.Just guessing however.:moon:

• Like 1

A lot of bikes have the wiring from the stator exiting the cover very near the counter- sprocket. A "clip" would be a sort of wire keeper/holder that keeps the wiring in that area routed the way it is intended to be.

• Like 1

A lot of bikes have the wiring from the stator exiting the cover very near the counter- sprocket. A "clip" would be a sort of wire keeper/holder that keeps the wiring in that area routed the way it is intended to be.

Bingo.

The 'pulser' is also known as a crank position sensor. You need the clip top keep the wires from the counter shaft sprocket/chain.

• Like 1