Sign in to follow this  

California Clear Creek Public Meetings SANTA CLARA 1-20-10

i am posting up this info with hope that people will attend these meetings. I am going to the one on jan 13th,coming from the madera and fresno area,If anyone needs a ride let me know,i have room for 1 maybe 2 bodies,i can also help to cordinate any rides.thank's,adam ...i copied this from andy on sbr ( thank you)

I hope everyone realizes that our recreation is constantly Under Attack. And is Not just a privilege or a rite any more. It is going to be a full time job, To keep it, We will have to FIGHT If we want to keep it!

We need to have have as many people show up at the Cleer Creek CCMA RMP/EIS Meetings as we have had at Carnegie over the past few days. THEN WE WILL HAVE MADE A STATEMENT!

All public meetings will take place from 5:30 - 8:30 p.m. at:e

All public meetings will take place from 5:30 - 8:30 p.m. at:

January 13, 2010: Harris Ranch Garden Ballroom, 24505 W. Dorris Ave., Coalinga

January 14, 2010: Veterans Memorial Hall, 649 San Benito St. Hollister

January 20, 2010: Santa Clara Convention Center, Great America Meeting Rooms,

5001 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara

Edited by ADAM_3rd
  • Like 1

I'm going to try and make the Santa Clara meeting.

good.the more the meerier!did i speel that rite?

i am telling everybody i know in fresno and madera.

BUMP!!

This should be the only subject on here right now. People need to show up by the thousands, numbers may be our only voice in this fight. I'll be missing work and driving 2hrs. from Monterey. Try and make all three meetings people!!!

It's the best place on the planet to ride and we have a chance to get it back on our terms.

ClearCreek.jpg

This is an important issue to anyone that rides in California! If you can make it to any of these meetings Do It! We need lots of turn out!

January 13, 2010: Harris Ranch Garden Ballroom, 24505 W. Dorris Ave., Coalinga

January 14, 2010: Veterans Memorial Hall, 649 San Benito St. Hollister

January 20, 2010: Santa Clara Convention Center, Great America Meeting Rooms,

5001 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara

Lets not forget....

CC%2011-4-07%20013.jpg

ok so i know of 10 people that are going to the coalinga meeting.

can we get a head count?

Who was there?

Seemed to going pretty well, we were very impressed with the other groups there (rock hounds) They did a great job speaking for them selves while also supporting our sport.

Did any of you guys go up and talk?

I wanted to but wasn't sure if my tourettes would had kicked in talking about a closed riding area:foul:

It's just BS let us ride!

Yeah I went, but I didnt bring a gun like the BLM fellas. Does anyone have any proof that the EPA's asbestos claim is faulty? I keep hearing people whisper about it but in my opinion that is where the whole thing started and that is where our focus needs to be in order to stop this.

yeah blm are a bunch of tools,armed blm,what do they expect with the b.s they are pulling.

The brc hired some asbestos experts to do there own study of the epa asbestos claim,they submitted it to blm and they did not consider it.There is more info on this and other "eye openers" at the foccma.org website.

Can't we make copys available and hammer the fact over and over and over until everyone is sick of hearing about it? That what Rick is doing with his phony report. We should be handing copys of it to everyone at these meetings! Too late for last night and tonight but the meeting next week a condensed version of it should be all over the meeting hall. These meetings are for us , get the word out! They said there will be more meetings right? We needs ta get our shit together!

Can't we make copys available and hammer the fact over and over and over until everyone is sick of hearing about it? That what Rick is doing with his phony report. We should be handing copys of it to everyone at these meetings! Too late for last night and tonight but the meeting next week a condensed version of it should be all over the meeting hall. These meetings are for us , get the word out! They said there will be more meetings right? We needs ta get our shit together!

Here are some links that show things happening.it's a good idea to get involved while there is still a chance to save what we have left to ride.once it's gone it's gone.

1.www.foccma.org dedicated to clear creek reopening talk to mike wubbels.

2. www.sharetrails.org blue ribbon coalition organization that fights for access rights on public lands..

3.www.corva.org fighting for riding areas

4.www.stewardsofthesequoia.org fighting for our rights to ride in the sequoias..

5.www.stewardsofthesierranationalforest.org fighting for our right to recreate on sierra national forest lands.

these are all organizations that are doing something besides talking.I'm sure i might have missed some goods ones,please feel free to pm me and i will add them to my list.

thank's ,adam

Edited by ADAM_3rd

it's a good idea to get involved while there is still a chance to save what we have left to ride.once it's gone it's gone.

And understanding that this is a whole new way for the BLM to shut us out (public safety), it's Clear Creek now but it can and will be other places as well... all of you that like to ride in the desert, there are mines out there that you could fall in to, they might close the desert because of the risk.. what about snakes, poison oak? you could be allergic?? etc. etc. We need everyone in on this battle!

Does anyone have any proof that the EPA's asbestos claim is faulty? I keep hearing people whisper about it but in my opinion that is where the whole thing started and that is where our focus needs to be in order to stop this.

The most abundant type of asbestos at CC is chrysotile, only traces of other types. Here's a sample of what the EPA and BLM do not want you to read:

http://www.klgates.com/newsstand/Detail.aspx?publication=5127

From approximately 1999 to 2003, Dr. Wayne Berman and Dr. Ken Crump reviewed the 1986 EPA asbestos risk assessment model and prepared a different model they contend accounts for fiber type and size differences. The two scientists were retained by OWSER. In their final draft report to EPA, Berman & Crump concluded chrysotile is approximately 800 times less capable of causing mesothelioma than amosite or crocidolite. Their data have been argued to support the hypothesis that one cannot experience enough chrysotile exposure in a lifetime to cause mesothelioma. Other recent studies have reached similar conclusions, but neither the Berman & Crump report nor other studies with similar conclusions has been recognized or adopted by the EPA.

Ride on

Brewster

I will be going to the santa clara meeting!!! WE NEED CLEAR CREEK BACK!!!!!!