Sign in to follow this  

Man Advice

I think women in search of a husband or SO need to choose carefully. That is, you need to find a man who naturally and comfortably can be your "buddy" while watching TV, etc. and reliably and gently talks with you as you need him too.

From some of the other posting here, it seems that men, for the most part, are emotionally unavailable and not really your friend. If so, you might as well start living out under the stars on the cattle range with a brainless old steer.

My woman and I often share something on the intimate level of "pillow talk" whether we are on the couch watching TV or actually snuggled up together in bed.

However, there IS one thing I will not tolerate from ANYONE: Nagging.

If you are a nag, then your man has probably decided to just shut the hell up and just tolerate your gnawing, nagging voice until he dies. In other words, he has concluded that "Hell on Earth is the best he can do." Or else he'll leave. I left my ex for this exact reason.

Jack

And if the man does leave, the accusations will fly, because she will never admit it could possibly be her fault. That's the situation I'm in now. I tried for several years to fix our broken relationship while she didn't give a damn. When I would tell her I was unhappy and we needed to make some changes, she would reply that she wasn't going to change, and if I didn't like it I knew where the door was. So now that I've finally taken her advice and used the door, the accusations are flying. There MUST be another woman, why else would I leave??? It couldn't possibly be her fault, I must have had an alterior motive. And my personal favorite, I only left her because I just had to be happy??? Well, no duh, of course that's why I left! Life is too damn short to be miserable for all of it.

Chokey,

Good reply--very true and your name reminds me to ask, did any of you ladies take my advise a few pages back?

If so you now have "Happy Man" who will not stray. :ride:

You can thank me later.

Dr Phil of moto......:lol:

And if the man does leave, the accusations will fly, because she will never admit it could possibly be her fault. That's the situation I'm in now. I tried for several years to fix our broken relationship while she didn't give a damn. When I would tell her I was unhappy and we needed to make some changes, she would reply that she wasn't going to change, and if I didn't like it I knew where the door was. So now that I've finally taken her advice and used the door, the accusations are flying. There MUST be another woman, why else would I leave??? It couldn't possibly be her fault, I must have had an alterior motive. And my personal favorite, I only left her because I just had to be happy??? Well, no duh, of course that's why I left! Life is too damn short to be miserable for all of it.

Women, I assure you Chokey is right. Just because you THINK you are right doesn't mean you are. Moreover, if you are causing your guy unhappiness and you refuse to compromise on the issue (usually nagging in my experience) your relationship deserves to die. It's my belief that there are SO MANY men out here that have had this situation in their life and, well, we just don't talk about it.

Cardinal rule: If your guy no longer talks to you, there usually a damn good reason. You're probably driving him nuts in some way or other - when you should be sweet and loving.

I think women in search of a husband or SO need to choose carefully. That is, you need to find a man who naturally and comfortably can be your "buddy" while watching TV, etc. and reliably and gently talks with you as you need him too.

From some of the other posting here, it seems that men, for the most part, are emotionally unavailable and not really your friend. If so, you might as well start living out under the stars on the cattle range with a brainless old steer.

My woman and I often share something on the intimate level of "pillow talk" whether we are on the couch watching TV or actually snuggled up together in bed.

However, there IS one thing I will not tolerate from ANYONE: Nagging.

If you are a nag, then your man has probably decided to just shut the hell up and just tolerate your gnawing, nagging voice until he dies. In other words, he has concluded that "Hell on Earth is the best he can do." Or else he'll leave. I left my ex for this exact reason.

Jack

Dear Hen Pecked,

Thanks for your 2 cents.I am no nag.

The only reason people cheat is because of their mental state. These guys love to cheat because every girl the get, means that they are a stud and boosts their self image. 9 times out of 10 it has nothing to do with the lady or what kind of sexual favors they like to dole out. The only thing you can do that is guaranteed to make a dude run, is immasculate him. Get mad at them for getting a bit drunk, tell them who they can hang out with, or even what time to be home. This all is summed up by the word nagging. It all comes back to the one thing you've been hearing from hack comedians your whole life. Men hate nagging

I can see where cheaters (men and women alike) are coming from because everyone loves a nice ego boost (and getting laid), but i really just can't stand being with 90% of women i meet, and the morning after convo is enough to make me hang myself. I'm just lucky I got I got the 1 out the other 10 percent locked and couldn't be happier.

The only reason people cheat is because of their mental state. These guys love to cheat because every girl the get, means that they are a stud and boosts their self image. 9 times out of 10 it has nothing to do with the lady or what kind of sexual favors they like to dole out. The only thing you can do that is guaranteed to make a dude run, is immasculate him. Get mad at them for getting a bit drunk, tell them who they can hang out with, or even what time to be home. This all is summed up by the word nagging. It all comes back to the one thing you've been hearing from hack comedians your whole life. Men hate nagging.

I agree - in spades.

What about when the shoe is on the other foot?

I work 60 hours a week at a VERY physically demanding job, and am exhausted when I come home. And when I get home at 7:30 at night, I still have to cook dinner, do laundry, clean the house, and whatever else my lazy-assed (soon to be ex) wife couldn't do because she had TV time and couch time all day after working her little 4 hour day at an easy job. And though I never even considered being unfaithful, she decided that she needed to "explore" another man.

Don't generalize and act like it's only men that are unfaithful little shits. Women are just as likely to be unfaithful.

You and I have the same shoe size.

Sucks doesn't it.

I'm not perfect but I worked hard to provide a very very comfortable home to find out I was being robbed.

Women need to feel loved to have sex, men need to have sex to feel loved.

Read that somewhere once... sure, its an over-simplification, but my experience tells me there is something to it, and its something I try to remember as a base concept while working through relationship stuff.

Although I've been single for a while, up until 6 weeks ago, and am just now starting the sixth week of a relationship... what do I know? :ride:

:ride: How's everyone doing, anyways?

Chokey,

...did any of you ladies take my advise a few pages back?

If so you now have "Happy Man" who will not stray. :ride:

You can thank me later.

Dr Phil of moto......:ride:

It makes him happy for sure! I don't know if it would keep someone from straying who isn't loyal already per say, but definitely it enhances the existing relationship. :lol:

I dont get it I got married at 19 been that way for 20 years and dont want another woman. I will say at one point I did and only because my wife , like the OP started refering to romance, sex, or what ever you want to call it as "The job." At that point it didnt seem important to make her work after work. Sometime its as simple as what you call it whether the appeal is there. Just my 0.02