What Bikes Are We Missing? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Works Connection Race Team Skid Plates exclusive deal for Thumpertalk members...

Happy New Year!!!

We have a special edition Skid Plate (2010 CRF 250) that was produced for a race team for the upcoming Supercross/Motocross season and we ended up with extras.

Designed for 2010 CRF 250 It will not work on any other model! (No other models available at this time)

Note: The kit consists of (4) WELD-ON brackets, recessed rear mounts and is fully rubber mounted!

Correct installation of the mounting tabs requires that the ENGINE BE REMOVED from the frame in order to gain access to the weld tabs. (This is a one-time deal) Once the tabs are welded in place the skid plate is easily removed using the 4 rubber mounted bolts.

We only have about 30 of these kits left and when they're gone, they're gone!

We are offering the Thumpertalk community the first shot at these one-off Race Plates. You won't find them on our website or anywhere else.

Price is $ 89.95 each and comes with complete installation instructions.

Mention 'Thumpertalk' when ordering - part # (10-873 Race Plate)

(800) 349-1475

eba0051c.jpg

c60d8321.jpg

0ac2be4f.jpg

07aed0f7.jpg

65bb020b.jpg

e8249363.jpg

Thanks for looking!

...Eric

Edited by Bryan Bosch

wow, even if i had a honda, this would not go on my bike, i can easily ding up a skid plate enough to be pushed up in tight to my engine, and as many times as that happened, i would hate to remove the engine that many times, BTW i ride woods, it might help a MXer better, idk, i thaught MX was all about carbon fiber haha.

wow, even if i had a honda, this would not go on my bike, i can easily ding up a skid plate enough to be pushed up in tight to my engine, and as many times as that happened, i would hate to remove the engine that many times, BTW i ride woods, it might help a MXer better, idk, i thaught MX was all about carbon fiber haha.

I believe the engine would only have to come out for the initial installation. The nuts that are on the bolts actually get welded to the frame i believe. Once they are welded then you can just unscrew it and screw it back on.

Just to clarify that yes chadk66 is correct. You will remove the engine one time in order to weld the tabs to the frame. After that is a simple bolt-on from the bottom of the bike like normal. The benefit is that the brackets use a steel nut and are welded solidly to the frame so it is a simple re-install when want to remove it.

...Eric

Super trick and I would consider this for my CRF450R if available. Timing the engine removal with my "spring prep" is really not much extra work. Finding a welder that will get it right is another story!

If they come available for the 450, let me know.