Sumter National

I'd love to ride it - I've done about half a dozen NJ enduros (or as we call them - sand runs), but with all the responsibilites I had to tend to this year (graduating, getting married, moving, starting work with the USN), riding took a back seat...

I'll stay on top of this thread and surely yell at ya when you go by (if ya tell me your #.. ).. Maybe I'll wear my Orange KTM enduro jacket - so I'll be easy to spot... haha, get the joke, orange being easy to distinquish someone at an enduo.. :moon:

there are a bunch of us racing in it ! I am trying to work out getting to race it myself !

Dover, Darren doesn't know that he is going to be able to go, so that may be a spot for ya there. Hopefully he will make a decision in the next week.

• 4 weeks later...

Well it is less than a week away.... my first enduro. Guess I need to find a cheap watch to strap to my bike so I can be on time. Any other hints offered will be greatly appreciated.

Gmoss and myself are driving down Saturday sometime and staying in sumter, going to the track saturday night for some kind of dinner they are serving.

Well it is less than a week away.... my first enduro. Guess I need to find a cheap watch to strap to my bike so I can be on time. Any other hints offered will be greatly appreciated.

Gmoss and myself are driving down Saturday sometime and staying in sumter, going to the track saturday night for some kind of dinner they are serving.

haha, you won't need to worry about being near 'on-time'. they make it so. Just go as fast as you can, then find out where you finish at the end.

It's kind of like motorcycle racing meets golf. :banghead:

Alright guys, I was out there at the hare scramble today, which of course was part of the 1st section of the enduro.

I didnt race, just shot a lot of video footage but I walked a few miles out and the track was looking pretty awesome. Good bit of single track, definitely made me wish I was racing.

Anyway, I'll have a video put together sometime soon.

last time I rode out that way, it was either banging handguards or wide open sand whoops. Can't wait to see the vid.

KC Glad to see you made back alive from Ice racing in finland, just stay out of my way in sumter old man :ride:, see you sunday:banana: