looking for woods bike

That quick for top end?

Yup, a piston or ring on a 125 or 200 can easily be changed in an hour if you have done it before. For your first time, better book 2-3 hours. If your father is used to Japanese bikes he'll figure out the KTM easily. I have had all 4 Japanese makes over the years and still have a Honda, Yamaha, and 2 Kawi's in the garage, but I really like my KTMs.

I offered the guy in wenatchee 2k$, he is firm though and said a guy was going to pick it up on Friday. He said I can have it it I come earlier though. I don't think that will happen, considering my dad doesn't even get off work until 5 and then a 3hr drive........

I offered the guy in wenatchee 2k$, he is firm though and said a guy was going to pick it up on Friday. He said I can have it it I come earlier though. I don't think that will happen, considering my dad doesn't even get off work until 5 and then a 3hr drive........

he is either lying, or treating the other person like crap by selling it out from under him before he gets there. If it's sold, it's sold. I would stick to your offer if that is what you want to pay. However, I always make a point to not even talk money, whether buying or selling, until I see what I am buying or the buyer sees it. Otherwise, it's just talk.

I have met folks halfway to sell/buy a bike, he should be willing to do the same if he really wants to sell it.

Just wait for your deal to come..........

I had the new bike itch a month ago

looked at 3 bikes a 06 yz250 (woods race ready susp. ect.) for $2900, an 05 ktm300exc for 2500 it sold fast, and the one I ended up buying a clean 07 ktm250 xc for 2600

I waited really wanted the YZ (in Tennessee im in Georgia) but he wouldn't budge on the price so i didn't buy

then found the 250xc locally and talked him down to 2600 he originally wanted 3200.

So just wait on your deal it'll come.

If you have $2000.00 your better off on a yamaha, honda, or kawi. Than an older KTM....I would stay away from any KTM that isnt 07 or newer since that is when they did a huge change to the frame and suspension. ( to correct all the problems of the past) KTM are ok, in fact I own one. BUT I much more prefer a linkage suspended bike.

I know the trails you ride and I know there are lots of 250 2 strokes that have been set up for the woods. And they are cheap! You wont see much posted at this time of the season so try running a wanted add.....

Wait till March and there will be 100's for you to pick from....

Any bike that the rider is about you weight and trail rides seriously will have done the suspension, changed gearing, different pipe, flywheel weight, hand guards, and a bonus would be a big tank. I would get something like this.

A quick check is to see if the bearings are tight, wheels are round and true, pegs and levers arn't too worn, then its a good one.

Good luck. Have fun!

• Like 1

If you have $2000.00 your better off on a yamaha, honda, or kawi. Than an older KTM....I would stay away from any KTM that isnt 07 or newer since that is when they did a huge change to the frame and suspension. ( to correct all the problems of the past) KTM are ok, in fact I own one. BUT I much more prefer a linkage suspended bike.

I know the trails you ride and I know there are lots of 250 2 strokes that have been set up for the woods. And they are cheap! You wont see much posted at this time of the season so try running a wanted add.....

Wait till March and there will be 100's for you to pick from....

Any bike that the rider is about you weight and trail rides seriously will have done the suspension, changed gearing, different pipe, flywheel weight, hand guards, and a bonus would be a big tank. I would get something like this.

A quick check is to see if the bearings are tight, wheels are round and true, pegs and levers arn't too worn, then its a good one.

Good luck. Have fun!

What he said. Orange plastic is not the only admission ticket to the Romaniacs ball. :moon:

I dunno nothing `bout no linkage vs. non-linkage suspension argument though. IMO if you limit yourself to just one brand of bike you will be paying out the :cheers: when you could have gotten much more for less. ?

its still a 10 yr old motocross bike. hard to control in our non track terrain in many situations. 04 was start of the good years for the ktm bikes ( 300 lost 8 lbs in the engine alone).....frame and suspension are good ( my 05 300 has 7500 trouble free miles on it and handles great). yes, the 07 then 08,09 had improvements but so did other brands and higher prices to go with it in the used market.

Joe

ya, go to the NW forum here on TT and you will see tons of folk wanting to setup rides out there.

I ain`t gonna lie. I got some cash into my YZ too. :moon: However, I get the suspicion that KTM riders still spend money on mods too. :cheers:

Oh yea... no question about that- don't always drink the orage kool-aid, it can make you forget how to count $$