Sign in to follow this  

Arizona Grindstone Pee Wee track

Does Grindstone have a good pee wee track? I am thinking about taking my 12 year old there on his YZ85 Sunday morning, he is a good rider but has never been on a true motocross track.

Peewee track is OK...not sure just how much fun your 12 yo son will have, but might be a good stepping stone for him....and if he is comfortable enough, send him out on the big track, nothing do or die on it...but I recommend maybe having someone follow him for a couple laps just in case, I will be out there and will be willing to do that for a couple laps if you want. I'm on a Honda CRF450R #320 and will be there from about 9 - 11:30 :moon:

Scratch that...Was prepping to go tomorrow and noticed one of the rear brake pads disintegrated down to almost metal on metal...kind of strange because the other pad looks almost brand new still <shrug> Have fun and be safe:ride:

Ok thanks, he really wants to go on the big track, he is a really good rider and I think this will only make him better. Hey I work on cars for a living and when the caliper slide pins stick or the caliper sticks it will really wear one pad down and leave the other looking new. Check everything good, something is not sliding or releasing when it should. Thanks for the offer though!

Ok thanks, he really wants to go on the big track, he is a really good rider and I think this will only make him better. Hey I work on cars for a living and when the caliper slide pins stick or the caliper sticks it will really wear one pad down and leave the other looking new. Check everything good, something is not sliding or releasing when it should. Thanks for the offer though!

That is what I am wondering, will for sure check it out...thanks:thumbsup:

GS also has an advanced pee wee track.

They tore it out for now...suppose to build it again this month some time

Ok we went and for a person who has been trail riding for the last 27 years that place was fun as hell! They really do need an advanced pee wee track but the one they have is good for kids starting out. I road several laps with my son on his YZ 85 and me on the YZ 250 and it was a blast. Now I know what you MX guys are talking about. Now I hope Speed World is just as good.....

Now I hope Speed World is just as good.

Completely different animal, but it is fun. You'll be in the air a lot more.

Ok we went and for a person who has been trail riding for the last 27 years that place was fun as hell! They really do need an advanced pee wee track but the one they have is good for kids starting out. I road several laps with my son on his YZ 85 and me on the YZ 250 and it was a blast. Now I know what you MX guys are talking about. Now I hope Speed World is just as good.....
I was out there as well - My son was on the KX65 # 101 - I had the Kawi 450. Planning is currently in the works for a newly located track for the bigger bikes and hope to have it in place relatively soon.

Ok I guess I'll have to go check out Speedworld one night. I have zero interest in a supercross style track with tons of jumps and doubles, I am way too old for that but the kids are good with it. By the looks of it on Google maps it looks like it has a track for everyone??

Ok I guess I'll have to go check out Speedworld one night. I have zero interest in a supercross style track with tons of jumps and doubles, I am way too old for that but the kids are good with it. By the looks of it on Google maps it looks like it has a track for everyone??

Speedworld is far from an SX track but they do have a separate AX track. They have a Vintage track that is good for a beginner....I think there are maybe 3 jumps on it and none are further than about 30 or 40 ft. max. The kids track is ok for the smaller kids.....they usually let the small bikes run in their own session on the big track..always a good thing

Too Old?!?!? Man, you are making me feel old now:banghead::smirk: You're only as old as you allow yourself to be :cheers:

Speedworld is far from an SX track but they do have a separate AX track. They have a Vintage track that is good for a beginner....I think there are maybe 3 jumps on it and none are further than about 30 or 40 ft. max. The kids track is ok for the smaller kids.....they usually let the small bikes run in their own session on the big track..always a good thing

I still need to get out there and check out the AX track. Was going to check it out after the GP race on New Years, but that idea was killed when the bolt fell out of my bar clamp at the start of my last lap....scared the crap out of me when I landed off the fly away jump in front of the starting gate and suddenly my handlebars are twisting, thus no steering:eek: I just prayed that the wheel did not hit something and twist while I tried coasting to a stop, luckily it didn't turn :moon: Have never had that bolt fall out before, it is now on my pre-ride checklist as I may not be so fortunate next time should that happen again :smirk:

Too Old?!?!? Man, you are making me feel old now:banghead::smirk: You're only as old as you allow yourself to be :cheers:

I still need to get out there and check out the AX track. Was going to check it out after the GP race on New Years, but that idea was killed when the bolt fell out of my bar clamp at the start of my last lap....scared the crap out of me when I landed off the fly away jump in front of the starting gate and suddenly my handlebars are twisting, thus no steering:eek: I just prayed that the wheel did not hit something and twist while I tried coasting to a stop, luckily it didn't turn :moon: Have never had that bolt fall out before, it is now on my pre-ride checklist as I may not be so fortunate next time should that happen again :smirk:

:lol: That's not good. Glad you rode it out and no get off occured.

Haven't seen the AX track at SW but we went to FB yesterday.....closest thing to an SX track. Fun and flowing tho......I was/am still sick but decided to go for it anyway. Kids loved it

I was out there as well - My son was on the KX65 # 101 - I had the Kawi 450. Planning is currently in the works for a newly located track for the bigger bikes and hope to have it in place relatively soon.

good post Clyde. I actually emailed Gary about that yesterday. I took the kids out Saturday and there were way too many 65's, 85's and quads on the pw track. My 4 year old was ready to try his pw on the track, but there was way too big a speed/size differential with him out there. I let him sneak in a few laps when the crowd thinned a little, but it wasn't safe and we left pretty quick.

fwiw my 7 year old had fun riding with the older kids.:moon:

you need to try Canyon Motocross www.canyonmotocross.com we have just completed two tracks. One New pee wee track and one Mini track. We also have a Beginner track and main track.

Hondarules, I have been living far away from my original home in East Tennessee since I was 17, so I feel really old for sure. Man I can barely remember bein a kid and I am only 38! I've been told Canyon is no place for beginners, but Canyon is about 2 miles from my house so that would be nice. GS just really left a good impression on us...

Hondarules, I have been living far away from my original home in East Tennessee since I was 17, so I feel really old for sure. Man I can barely remember bein a kid and I am only 38! I've been told Canyon is no place for beginners, but Canyon is about 2 miles from my house so that would be nice. GS just really left a good impression on us...

Sounds like we left our home town/state close to same time....been here since '90, hard to beleive half my life has been here:bonk: As for Canyon, it is definitely a jumpy kind of track, keeps you on your toes....nothing do or die, just very busy. GS is much more mellow in that sense, but is by far a faster track...I love them both, GS teaches me raw speed while Canyon teaches me to gain some endurance :moon: As long as your having fun, that is all that matter/counts:thumbsup:I love singetrackin' as well....maybe we should hook up for a ride sometime:ride:

I always said if you go down at GS it is gonna hurt since you carry so much speed. Of all the tracks it is still my favorite despite crippling injury I got there (not the tracks fault it was mine, well my shock technically) and it WILL be the first track I visit on June 6th.

Another track you should try is ACP. It is far but it is really fun with uphill sections and all kinds of engaging stuff. Worth the drive. Possible the most fun of all the tracks. It is a haul though.

I do think you will like Speedworld though. :moon:

I like to ride singletrack or whateverisavailable track also, I always have at least one of my kids with me though. What is the full name of the ACP track? Oh yeah, I crash all the time and sadly, it is always my fault and I am never able to blame it on the bike, even when it the damn thing lands on me.

I like to ride singletrack or whateverisavailable track also, I always have at least one of my kids with me though. What is the full name of the ACP track? Oh yeah, I crash all the time and sadly, it is always my fault and I am never able to blame it on the bike, even when it the damn thing lands on me.

Arizona Cycle Park:

http://arizonacyclepark.com/version2/

Crashing is part of the game. But I have been riding way too tentative lately after Eric Beck and Paul Miller crashes led to hospital time. Paul was in there for almost a month

http://www.gomxracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35637

BTW there is a benefit for Paul this Sunday at ET.