What was your 1st ATC?

• 2 months later...

My dad bought a brand new 1981 ATC200. One of those old old school plain 200 with the big 25" tires. I was four yrs old at the time. Two years late he bought me an 1983 ATC 70. And my older sister an 1984 Big red. Then some jerk broke into are camp and stole them so we got 2 1986 Big Reds and an '86 250sx for me. Then the police recovered the stolen three wheelers and we had a whole shit load of three wheelers! LOL

I plan on getting a dg chrome rcm on it,the 27 carb,new grab bar and plastics and new front master cylinder unless I can drill out snapped screws and retap master.It was left outside w nearly a cover so everything is rusted an frozen on the freaking thing.I had to drill the screws out on the master I got 2 out as I was getting 2nd 1 out it busted the cup.I removed the cup.Last 2 went to take the vice grips and turn em,they snapped right off at the metal base(SOB).Chain is perty rusty too Ill fix those few things on it,get it running,wash it good,crylon it w heat based black and then flog it and see where Im at w it.I already got new oil,plug in it,cleaned it up alittle just need a heater in the garage so My hands dont get numb and all hurting from the cold.

First was an airfooler! 1983 Honda ATC250r with a hondaline 300 kit. Ended up selling it a few months ago.

Second one I got about 8 months ago. 1985 Honda ATC350x. This thing is so much fun!

Both are real fun but the 350x is more my style. I got it all stock and have since made a custom exhaust for it and put on a 400ex carb and got the jetting dialed in. Much stronger and faster now!

• 4 weeks later...

Back around 1970 or 71, my dad bought a Dune Cycle for us to play with when we went out to the Desert. Rode dirt bikes out at El Mirage Dry Lake thru the early 70"s, and played with Dune Cycle at camp. Quite a different take on the ATC.

• 3 months later...

mine was a 84 or 85 atc125, had the selectable high/low range and electric start. got impounded lol i was riding it through town without a helmet doing what i called wheelies lol i was about 13. now about 10 years later i have an 85 atc250r and im hooked once again trying to find a 185 or so for the wife.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

haha! I had a tri-moto 125 for a while and i totally remember that lean feeling!! it was pretty fun for a little while right then! My first was a tri-zinger 80, a few different ones through the years now i still have an '86 350x and a 85 tecate 250 smoker ?.

• 1 year later...