2000 yz426

I am rebuilding the lower end and before I begin are there any parts that require a mechanical press for example the crank or bearings. I am trying to find a manual to download now to start the process

Mike? Did you get the 426 from Marv's brother?

You don't need a hydrulic press, but you will need a couple of pullers...first, a flywheel puller. Motion pro or my garage. Second, a case splitter. Again, motion pro, or, I used a four finger steering wheel puller from harbour freight when I split my cases. It also works for pressing the crank out of the case. Again, you can borrow mine if you want...

Birdie

Case splitter is not strictly necessary, but very helpful. Flywheel puller IS strictly necessary, regardless of what anyone says. I know of people who have used "other" pullers, and I know some of them who have bent or broken flywheels that way.

Another very convenient, but not totally necessary item is the puller that draws the crank back into the main bearings.

Mike? Did you get the 426 from Marv's brother?

You don't need a hydrulic press, but you will need a couple of pullers...first, a flywheel puller. Motion pro or my garage. Second, a case splitter. Again, motion pro, or, I used a four finger steering wheel puller from harbour freight when I split my cases. It also works for pressing the crank out of the case. Again, you can borrow mine if you want...

Birdie

Sounds like we're going to Birdy's house for this project.

Sounds like we're going to Birdy's house for this project.

Marv and Mike-

Give me a couple of days to clean the garage. I will be doing the same thing to Garrett's 250 here pretty quick (as soon as I order the stroker crank and big bore kit).

Birdie

• 5 weeks later...

I split the case and removed the crank - I am in the process of inspecting all the parts and ordering the replacements. When the new parts arrive I will be ready to take to Birdies because I definitely will need his expertise to get it back together.