Sign in to follow this  

Arizona Girl Bike and Bonded Title AZ Questions

So in my futile attempt to be in a relationship and go riding every other weekend (I know, I'm a pus*y), I'm thinking of getting the girl a dirt bike, nothing fancy and hopefully very cheap, so my first question is, what type of bike you think would be best for a 5'7" 125lb girl (mid twenties)?, second, given I don't want to spend a fortune here I am thinking of buying a cheap bike and those usually come without a title, thus, how much of a pain and cost would it be to get a bonded title here in AZ?, and finally, given she's never ridden a dirt bike, do I even bother and just get her an atv? (cringe)

I am looking at the Yamahas TTR125's, or would that be too small? Bear in mind the rides she would come with would not really be hardcore.

Thanks.

I won't EVEN get into it....but do NOT get a bike without a title...you do not want the headache. Should be able to get something cheap with a title in that type of bike. Sent ya a PM on FB with those numbers.

So in my futile attempt to be in a relationship and go riding every other weekend (I know, I'm a pus*y), I'm thinking of getting the girl a dirt bike,

I am looking at the Yamahas TTR125's, or would that be too small? Bear in mind the rides she would come with would not really be hardcore.

Thanks.

Dude, let her ride yours, as I recall it IS a chick bike!:banghead:

Do not get a TTR 125, I've been there done that. Before you buy, why not come out and ride with me? I have two CRF 230's, one is my daughter's and set up for a girl. They are both stickered and licensed so you can ride on FRs and trails that are girl/beginner friendly. She can see how she likes it. The 230's are heavy but bulletproof and are easy to get legal. Call me.

hehe, ok, so we'll have two chick bikes then :banghead:... I looked into the crf230's, bulletproof indeed, just more expensive, and not really looking to spend a bunch, although it might be worth it if it'll get me out. Thanks for the offer, I might just take you up on it, let's set it up.

Dude, let her ride yours, as I recall it IS a chick bike!:bonk:

Do not get a TTR 125, I've been there done that. Before you buy, why not come out and ride with me? I have two CRF 230's, one is my daughter's and set up for a girl. They are both stickered and licensed so you can ride on FRs and trails that are girl/beginner friendly. She can see how she likes it. The 230's are heavy but bulletproof and are easy to get legal. Call me.

soft market. 230's can be had. Although I've paid way too much for mine. Well, used they were each less than 2 g's but I put about 5k into after market for my girls (supermoto'd) and the other one I bought twice, once for my wife (at the time) and once FROM my (ex) wife....who's laughin' now- me at me. I am not sure which one has cost more total.

Don't do it. Forget it. Waste of $$$$. This situation has occured more than once and it did not pan out.

YOU buying a girlfriend a bike is a losing proposition.

Don't do it. Forget it. Waste of $$$$. This situation has occured more than once and it did not pan out.

YOU buying a girlfriend a bike is a losing proposition.

What we do for love....two words: MAGIC P*SSY! GETS YOU EVERYTIME!

I'll take her out a couple of times and see what the hell. I think she'll like it knowing her... also, not buying it to her, buying it for her, it'd be titled in my name, i can see where this is going, but i'll cover my bases, i just need to find out if it's something she'll like... XR200 or 250 would be great too, just not many around, people with those bikes don't tend to sell them, they keep'em and ride them till they die.

I'll take her out a couple of times and see what the hell. I think she'll like it knowing her... also, not buying it to her, buying it for her, it'd be titled in my name, i can see where this is going, but i'll cover my bases, i just need to find out if it's something she'll like... XR200 or 250 would be great too, just not many around, people with those bikes don't tend to sell them, they keep'em and ride them till they die.

Craigslist has a few XR250's and CRF230's

do not get a bike without tittle!

i just went thru the bike choice thing recently getting my girlfriend a bike, she is the same size/age as yours

all the xr's are either to small or to heavy

all the crfs are to heavy, the 150 is 237 dry

all the other 4 stroke trail bikes are just to dam heavey, or big/tall, the best full size option is a kdx or wr 200/220/250 at 225lbs, my girlfriend is 5'6 and my kdx was way too big, she couldnt come close to touching the ground. the 125 smokers are too tall as well. the only bikes that fit the bill were bigwheel kx100, or big wheel ttr-125. the ttr are 172lbs easy to ride, bullet proof. i ended up getting her a 95 kx100 for $700 in good condition with a tittle. its only 147lbs, but the powerband is a little much. i toned the motor down a little and she couldnt be happier. she has ridden a ttr125, crf150 and still prefers her bike. she cant pick up the 150, she can pick up her 100. picking up any xr, or crf230....

the 85 bigwheels are an option as well, they just are pipier, and have less usable power for a beginner.the 98 and newer kx 85/100 have a power valve, as opposed to the 97 and older ones which are pipier because of the lack of a powervalve, other than that they havnt changed much at all, so dont be too concerned with they year

The kx100 is very popular for fairly aggressive beginner girl riders. That is a good choice. I prefer the 230's because of the FRs we ride. makes it easier to plate, IMO. the 230's are heavy. The ttr125 was too small in a short period of time. I lowered the bike and the seat to fit my girl.

Carlos I have a 2004 RM100 (same as the KX but yellow) that I would like to sell. However it would require the bonded title process. When I looked into it I figured the cost at about 250.00. Let me know if you are interested.

Toby

First thing I have to ask, rather than assuming, is...Does she have any interest/desire to actually ride? If so, does she really want something with a clutch? Or even 2 wheels vs 4 wheels?... this will help to figure out what kind of bike/quad to get her....I know my wife would not like a clutch at all, so she just tools around on my daughters PW80 once in a while and father in-laws quad. Make sure to talk to her and find out more of what she will be comfortable starting out on. If she is not comfortable/happy, you will be wasting time/money :bonk: This is my .02 :banghead:

I agree with HondaRules.....ask her what she would like. Back in the 80's I bought my wife (girlfriend at the time) a perfect IT175. She tried to ride it but was just never comfortable on two wheels. I then bought her a four trax 250R quad and couldn't get her off of it. She now rides a 700r Raptor in the desert and dunes. She has been on my WR450 and just is afraid of it. If you want to try a quad, I have a couple of them to try. Let me know and we'll meet in the desert.

I bought my wife a bruin350. She likes my sons ttr125 but didnt want the effort of a bike on trails. I love her having it! She has the water, food, first aid, and repair kit. Makes it easy on me. But I got her what she wanted and it just worked out that way.

This is great info people thanks, I've asked her and she definitely wants to ride a dirt bike, she's a very sportsy and competitive girl (snowboards, loves fast cars and has one, etc.) (this may or may not have anything to do with what she'll ultimately prefer, but she wants to give the dirt bike a chance), that being said, I'd like for her to try out a quad too, just to see... I don't see her starting out with a smoker although 100 should be fairly docile and perfect height and weight!, i'd prefer for her to have a good experience from the get go to get her hooked, otherwise she'll just forget it. Sean, great info man thanks... Toby, pm me your number so I can go take a look at the RM, bonded title apparently may be a pain though... atitagain, let's definitely set it up, that'd be great, thanks... sportsgirl, what kind of bike do you have now?

How about if she doesn't like the clutch get a Rekluse? Just curious, what kind of "fast car" does your wife drive? My wife rides and also drives a tricked out BMW M3 with a 6 speed, I love it when I get to drive that thing!

Let me just chime in here that I am a girl (obviously) and my boyfriend kinda bought me (he bought it but i rode it) my first ever dirt bike riding experience. IT WAS F'N AWESOME! It was a little big for me; drz400, I'm 5'7'' 145 (trust me its muscle) but I'm hooked. Besides if she don't pan out, who's to say you don't bait in another with the whole, hey i gotta an extra bike, how bout a picnic and a ride? !

pichers1.jpg