Sign in to follow this  

Pick up my new 09 Tomorrow

picked mine up last week. If youve done any reading Im sure your aware about the suspension issues. I didnt think it would be big of a deal but my suspension is now being sent off to be revalved.

Be prepared to strap on about 30 pounds of lead to the new bike to make you feel comfortable.

My transition from Blue to Red really opened my eyes - I still feel that way when I transition to a pre-'10 Yamaha (haven't tried the new one) or even the new Kawasaki - they just feel heavy to me - almost "top heavy" at speed.

You'll love it.

I can not wait. I have not ridden Honda in 2 years, going from Blue to Red.

You should have bought a new '08 and with the money you saved you culd have bought extras. The '08 is a much better bike then the new models. Honda messed up the handling with the new bikes. You could have gotten a new '08 and had full suspension work and still not spent as much.

You should have bought a new '08 and with the money you saved you culd have bought extras. The '08 is a much better bike then the new models. Honda messed up the handling with the new bikes. You could have gotten a new '08 and had full suspension work and still not spent as much.

09's are selling for like $5500 now.

If your just gonna buy and ride and never spend a penny, yeah the 08 is better. Once you spend money on the suspension, I don't think is not better.

Hey, different strokes for different folks is all.

For gods sake boys, get the freakin shock right. Error on the side of plush instead of stiff. With a stiff shock it is a death trap.

The 09 is the hot chick, we all know all the other girls hate the new hot chick. :banghead:

Do you own one or are you just basing this opinion on hear say and internet talk?

If I had an 08 I'd hate the 09 too ha ha.

I got one, I've riden 06,07 and 08's 450's and 250F's and the 09 is better than all of them. It DOES take some money. I'll stipulat that.

THAT is where people can not get past. Stock the 09 has issues. That of course has absolutly no relevance to a properly set up bike.

Everyone spends money on the bike. My feeling is that people (mainly with older bikes) hate the fact that they HAVE to spend money even though they propably will anyhow.

Kinda like ugly chicks commenting on how the hot chick wears too much makeup bla bla bla yet thy wear the same amount ha ha.

If I had an 08 I'd hate the 09 too ha ha.

:banghead:

I've spun a few laps on a friends '08 which had motor work and full FC suspension. I still don't understand what all the fuss is about with the '08. Nice bike? Sure......but I'd take my '09 over it any day.

Bone stock they are really really good. Out of the box the 08 is better than the 09. All reviews in the rags are stoc bikes, much of the 09 negativity is around a stock bike. So since the 08 stock is better (and it is) than the 09, then the 08 MUST be superior always no matter what.

Make regualar mods that many of us all make anyhow and all the negativity about stink bug and suspension balance means nothing.

The 09 takes money, which is a put off for many. Understandably so btw. C'mon the clutch design sucks, mine slips bad when it gets hot. I need to put a whole new 6 spring deal to to prevent a bad crash of slipping right aas I take off a jump. C'mon that blows!

I understad the pre 09 crowd. They are not wrong but they are not right either.

When done fixing all the stupis things Honda did, and it takes money, the 09 is brilliant.

Much like 2 stroke riders some will always like the older stuff better and to them it IS better. Het that's cool mor epower to them!

The whole idea that becasue an older bike is better to them means it is somehow emperically better is absurd.

Better to them. 09 is better to me. We ALL know this is subjective.

I still maintain there is quiiiiiiite a bit of the new hot chick thing going on though.

Edited by ebeck

I will say it again. loved mine for the 3 minutes that it lasted.The rear spring slipped down to the linkage and dam near threw me over the bars. my back is sore and the bike is back in the shop. didnt get a chance to figure out the handeling. the price was good though.

Have any of you guys tried the 2010 450 yet? If so, have the suspension improved or do you still need to spend cash on it? ( Yes, I know what mxa say´s about it, but I would like to hear your opinions to)